Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

extra rancher lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone put more lights on thier rancher? I would like to put on some driving lights like the ones they sell for cars, will my electrical system support these light without any damage to it? has anyone tried it?

Old 03-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

dont know but i would like to do the same thing to my rancher

Old 03-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

I will try to help you, sort of. I did just what you are asking on my 2001 TrailBoss. I simply mounted two 55watt square driving lights to my front bumper. They are the 3X5 rectangular ones and I paid $18 for them at Wal-Mart. I think they look really good and they are awesome on the trails at night!! I will take some pictures soon and put them on my home page at the bottom.(I did have the little round ones on it,but didn't like the looks or performance of them so I just put the bigger square ones on 2 weeks ago, so if you look at my home page you will see the round ones). Any how I simply found the High beam wire going into my head lamp(the boss has one single hood mounted light, not two like your rancher) and pulled it out of the stock conector. I then made a Y and ran the leads to each 55 watt light. So the way mine is hooked up the low beam is still the stock head lamp and when I switch it on high beam it turns on the two 55 watt lights. I have ridden for a couple of hours at night and it has worked fine. They don't die down at idle or anything like that. You gotta consider that most stock lighting systems only have maybe two 35-45 watt lights, so the 55 watters really light up the trail. Hope you figure something out.

Old 03-29-2002, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Yes you can mount and power the 15$ wally world special fog lights on your rancher, including the headlights, as long as you are cruising...at idle or motor off these will rapidly drain your battery. Mind you those lights aren't paticularly sturdy but they about triple the stock lighting, see all the pics you want.

My public pictures.

Rancher with lights mounted

Old 03-29-2002, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Check out my pics under Rancher at: http://communities.msn.com/atvingphotos

or just click on my sig below........ATV PHOTOS

If you have any questions on my running lights let me know, glad to help out.

Later,
Alaskaweasel

Old 03-29-2002, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys , I work with a couple of electrical engineers and was tellingthem about what I want to do and they said they could hook me up with everthing I need. Your tips are very helpful and if I come up with any tricks I will be sure to pass them on to you guys. And alaskaweasel you have a kick butt looking rancherI have been thinking about getting those new ITP c series wheels and 25" titan 489 tires, I don't need a real agressive tire and I like a smooth ride and I think the 489's will work best but if anyone has any other suggestions I wpould love to hear them