Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

You think Hondas have problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the negative thread, was not fealing my usual self. All ATV's have their plusses and minuses. I like mine and you like yours.

Have a great day on your ATV.

Specta[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2002, 03:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can afford the payments on a 500HO, but I dont know if I can afford the month to month maintenece fees. And the biggest roblem with Polaris's 500 compared to the Rubi is the Belt transmission, all it is is a snowmobile transmission plopped in a fourwheeler. No wheres near as safisticated as the Rubi's

Old 04-16-2002, 05:22 AM
Range Rover

Since this is a honda forum I suppose its legal to bash a little. I rode with some guys who all rode polaris and about two hours after we took off the guy on the scrambler was almost out of gas. I looked and I had 3/4 tank on a 400 ex. So I thought hey this thing must be an animal to suck down that much fuel but let me tell you I've never rode something so lame. It felt so heavy and it had no snap at all. They need a reality check as far as the sport quads go maybe on the farm their good but they have nothing on any other sport quad brand.

Old 04-16-2002, 02:55 PM
Range Rover

I rode a 400 4x2 scrambler and it had plenty of power (maybe not for a 400 but it had enough), my only complaint about it was the seat is too high and I'm 6'2".

Old 04-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have done alot of riding with my friend and with his fourwheeler in all kinds of places......he has a sportsman 500. It has good power and all but it sure does lock up the rear wheels and that is pretty annoying. I don't like the brakes either, they squeak and don't work in water at all. Thats something good about honda and I don't know why people complain everyday about the Triple sealed hydraulic drum brakes the rubicon and most others have up front. They work great, last forever, and never get wet or dirty. I guess I don't understand what's so great about having a disc that picks up water and sand. but Im sure its another fun challenge to feel it grind and not work. also, the belts can be a problem. you have to slow down alot and change into low if you want it to last a long time. Also, it sounds terrible when you try to put it in gear. crunches and grinds everytime....unless you do it real quick. Honda can depend on me I guess, Ill keep going back, but not as often as those polaris guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

Well I rode a friends Polaris TrailBlazer the other day and that thing was "BORING"!! It didn't accelerate all that fast and it felt like it had NO TOP-END power, It felt really big and Heavy, The only thing I really like about it was the suspensino with did feel good but I wouldn't buy one, I had been looking at TrailBlazers but atleast now I know I would never go that route, Polaris have capable machines but I have had experience with a Sportsman 500 and that thing had problem after problem so I don't trust Polaris, my motto is "YOU CAN'T HAVE SOMETHING YOU CAN'T TRUST" I can get on a Honda and go riding all day and not have to worry. If I hadn't had experience with polaris then I would have no right to post this but I have so I think I have all the right to say what I want along with these other guys about polaris. Matt

Old 04-18-2002, 04:43 AM
Trailblazer

<< They work great, last forever, and never get wet or dirty. >>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA!

BULL S**T.

Old 04-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

I am a honda fan.....but there beakes work great, last forever, and never get wet or dirty????....c'mon...gimme a break....honda brakes are crap.

Old 04-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Maniac, when something is overly sophisticated (i.e. Rubicon tranny), it just leaves more things to go wrong. It also means that there's no absolutely no way to modify it, as is the case with the Rubicon.
Besides, there's OBVIOUSLY nothing wrong with belt transmissions. They've been around for a hundred years and have had plenty of time to be perfected. If they suck so badly, why is it that Yamaha, Bombardier, Suzuki, Polaris, and yes, EVEN HONDA use belt trannies (take a look at the Honda Civic's optional trannies sometime, or perhaps their entire line of scooters, or even the F1 car they used for a year with a belt tranny... the only reason they got rid of it was because it was outlawed for being too fast)?

I see no problem using a snowmobile transmission in my 4-wheeler. Snowmobiles throw out tons more hp and torque than any ATV engine, so I'm not worried about durability.

Also, to those of you complaining about the EBS locking the rear tires up (which I've never seen, EVER), are you guys too lazy to just USE THE BRAKES!? I mean, that is what they're there for...

Old 04-18-2002, 02:55 PM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The guys that bash Polaris really crack me up. I've seen post after post of guys who ride a 400ex rip on Polaris. For my needs, my AMERICAN made Polaris is great. If you want to fly, have no reverse, no four wheel drive, and have your hard earned money go to Japan, then by all means buy a Honda 400ex. If you want all the extra things that make trail riding more comfortable and you don't mind maintaining them, buy a Polaris. I enjoy taking the time to grease em, and make sure the fluids are clean and full. My Dad, son and I make it a family thing to get together and do this. It teaches my son to learn how to take care of it, and be responsible. I LOVE mine. They're not perfect, but none are.

Scott

Quick Reply: You think Hondas have problems?