Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

You think Hondas have problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you think Honda's have problems, go into the Polaris file and read all the problems people are having with their ATV's. It never ends. If I was to buy a sp700, I would definatly wait until the 2003 or 2004 so Polaris can fix all the problems. Talk about "field research", Polaris builds a new ATV, you take it out in the field and see what breaks, tell Polaris and they try to fix it.

I haven't had coolant leaks, front hub problems, oil leaks, electrical problems, or any type of problem that seem to plauge the new Polaris's.

Polaris says their EBS system works great. If you like having your rear wheels lock-up and let you slide down a hill sideway due to the lack of control, (because the front wheels in 4-wd drive free-wheel when no power is applied to them) then I guess this is an improvement over no braking system, oh ya, one hand brake and a foot brake???? Those squeeky Polaris disc brakes are better too?

I had no problems buying a "new introduction" ATV from Honda. No other manufacture will ever equal the quality of a Honda.

Specta
01 Rubicon (zero problems, 1500 miles)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2002, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 1700 miles on my Sportsman ZERO PROBLEMS.
This thread is just going to turn into a big flame.

Old 03-30-2002, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

you have a 400 not a 700 thats what hes is basically pointing this to.

Old 03-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, now, in all fairness I'm sure there are guys who have a SP700 that haven't had any probs. at all. I hope....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2002, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

This is the reason honda takes so long to release a new model,alot of R&D goes in to there quads.

Old 03-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

this is gonna be a good one. just like farmking said,honda is going to get almost every little quark out of a new machine before they put it on the line. they dont want to just make a machine that they are gonng have problems with just to keep up with other manufactuers. ex:raptor. i just assume stick with the old ATC's i never have problems with my X runs still strong after 15years of riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Huh? The rear wheels lock up and it goes sideways? Quit reading magazines so literally. I guess they really pumped up the engine breaking on the 700, because it is just about perfect on our 500's. A sportsman 500 will creep down a steep hill slower then my 400 in 1st gear, but I have never seen the rear wheels lock up. Please have some solid info before you bash something.

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see thgis with the people that I ride with that have 2001 SP500's. Going down steep loose, like loose shale, the rear tires lock up and they start sliding.

I've riden Polaris's and enjoy the heck out of them, great to ride. Too much maint and too many problems.

The group we ride with have Polaris, Honda, and Yamaha. Polaris by the highest maint and have the most problems. Just speaking from experience.

The sp500 rides and handles like a million bucks and will out run my Rubicon, on a good day, they are quite evenly matched on acceleration, but the guys are always tweeking, greasing, or playing with the clutch or something. Me, I start and go, everytime.

Happy ATVing
Specta[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

The rear engine braking on Polaris is a bit much and does tend to lock up, along with no enging braking in the front wheels for bad down hills. However, a sp will out mud about any quad out there along w/ a rubicon. At least the sp doesn't have tranny problems.

Old 04-02-2002, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

I ride with a friend who owns a 500ho. It DOES start to lockup going down hills. It is something he does not like about his quad. As for the trany problems, I hope your not referring to the Rubicon! I have seen some VERY high mileage Rubicons here that are used for commercial purposes, such as the wildlife division. This isn't worth any further discussion, I wasn't even going to post until I read "get your fact right" conserning the Polaris and its engine braking.

Quick Reply: You think Hondas have problems?