Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Owners Manual 400EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I am writing an instruction sheet for the 400EX and need your help. I dont have immediate access to the original owners manual and need the following:

1) Page number of where it shows how to remove the rear seat/ plastic section.

2) Page number of wher it shows how to loose/ adjust the rear axle for chain adjust ment (not the page where they are showing just chain adjustment)

Thanx, we are currently finishing the instruction manual for the new 400 EX and Raptor AMP Link.

Old 04-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too had the same question (#1)....i couldnt find it in the manual when i got my ex....theese arent quoted from honda.....

you have to pull up on the lever that releases the seat (of course) then when it isn't attached anymore lift up and pull back on the right side of the fenders untill the red triangle plastic piece (above the right foot peg) comes up and over the black side piece and the if the little clip on the tank hasnt come undone you keep pulling back and (yes it may feel like the fenders or seat is going to break but they are actualy both pretty flexible) and then after the whole right side is off all you should have to do is pull up on the whole thing and it should come up....if not get it sideways again (right rear fender in the air) and pull back on the left side then it should pop right off.....all this complication is due to the placement of the battery (shame on you honda)....and no this isnt from memory i actually had to go down to my garage and type and go back down again and type.....theyre not perfect but they should help you....

as for #2 i have no idea