Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

dealer says 450ex in aug. or sept.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And while we're at it, why don't we give our votes to people don't try to close all the riding areas and force mfgs to make watered down sissy machines instead of what the people want. Do you think Honda couldn't sell every 250R they could make if they made them again? They could make a 250 powervalved quad that would have Cdale power and weigh no more than 330lbs(wet with no fuel) But instead we have to be green, which is a good thing in some ways, but is taken to the extreme when used to prevent mfgs from making light, powerful machines. Lawnmowers cause more pollution than an advanced two stroke motor. Swimming pools kill more people than trikes ever did. Etc,etc.

Old 04-21-2002, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

i'm not sayin that honda would be wasted time in building a 450ex but why? they have the 400ex why make a bike with only 50cc displacement difference. i'm saying yamaha has the raptor(660) and cannondale has larger displacement machines and others, that is my point. i agree the higher the displacement the heavier but why be stuck behind with only a 400? also i have a 250 ex and i feel why have a 250 when you have people killing u with dust with 250r or anything larger than my bike, i can't afford to get a bigger bike but i'd like to get a bike that would compete with raptors and 400 ex and so on. once again i'm just saying that why stay behind when other manufactures are building bigger machines.

Old 04-21-2002, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I've already said that my next sport quad will be a Cannondale... the choice is really a no brainer... I just WISH that they would change that ugly front plastic!

Old 04-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

the only reason honda got rid of 3 wheelers is because of stupid in expirenced people who cant ride. you get a rider who has like a 250big red going on to a atc 250r u r gonna get hurt big time. it is all because if in expirenced idiots who are sue happy. if they did not end production of atc they would have some wicked fast and powerful trikes out thre ATC500r or bigger maby?? who knows it could happen look at the way the quads are going now days bigger and bigger.it would have more than likely happned. just my oppinion and sorry for spelling errors.

Old 04-21-2002, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I work in sales at a Honda dealership and have heard NOTHING about the making or release of a 450ex.There was a release date of late July to early August for the release of the new Rincon 650 and some new 2003 dirt bikes,but NOTHING on a 450ex.

Bill

Old 04-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

A local dealer attended Honda's dealer meeting this spring. Honda showed no interest in producing a larger displacement sport quad than the stone-age 400ex. Dealers from all over the country bombarded the Honda brass with requests for something else. Honda's honchos declared they sell enough 400EX machines, so a 450F type machine is a nill possibility. HOWEVER a reputable aftermarket hop-up shop claims a 450F style machine is in the EARLY development stages. This machine could see production two to three years from now! I hope I am proved wrong, but these are reasonable facts and figures.

Our choices for real performance are limited to what we can fabricate from dirt bikes and the oldie but goodie 250R! Either way is expensive, but not impossible to those with gifted hands and hefty wallets! $$$$$$$$$real performance costs$$$$$$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2002, 01:26 AM
The Facility

Bigdave400EX,

Yes, it's true that the SX bikes are no where near stock, BUT neither are the Yamaha's or the other guys.

Old 04-22-2002, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

If the bike makes good power and makes it through the race, it's 95% rider. This is why Honda spent huge cake to get the top rider under thier tent. Everything on the race bikes at the pro level, factory or otherwise, is tweaked to suit the rider as perfectly as possible. How many of us even get a new bike every year, let alone have multiple and practice and race bikes. This however, is an arguement as to why the factories should do their best to at least make as much usable power as they can. Just because the KTM250SX is supposed to make 50hp at the back tire, which is an accomplishment, doesn't mean it's the only bike that is selling. Hey guys, how would you like to have a showroom quad that put down anywhere near 50 at the tires? Just goes to show you what our quads could be like if the Japanese sport quad makers gave a damn what we wanted.

Old 04-22-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

WARNING
This ATV may exceed the performance of ATVs you have ridden previously. It accelerates extrememly fast and reaches high speeds. This high performance demands respect and experience. Ride this ATV at small throttle opening and low speeds until you learn its performance and handling characteristics.

This ATV should never be operated by children or inexperienced riders...... THIS ATV IS A HIGH PERFORMANCE CATEGORY "S" (SPORT) VEHICLE, DESIGNED FOR SPORT OR COMPETITION USE ONLY BY AN OPERATOR 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER who has advanced skills and substantial ATV operating experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now THAT is a warning sticker from a company that isn't to much of a P\/$$Y to make a REAL quad right out of the box. They tell you it's for competition use and that it can actually be ridden fast instead of all that crap that the other manufacturers say like, "This ATV should NOT be engaged in any stunt riding, including wheelies, jumping, or any other potentially dangerous activities. I like the fact that c-dale pretty much implies that if you're a moron that has no common sence, THAN DON'T RIDE THIS QUAD!!!

I'm not bashing the other companies but they just gotta step it up.

Congrats to Suzuki, compared to most of the competition, that is a pretty good step they're takin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2002, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

I'm usually a big honda supporter.........but the cannondales are looking pretty sweet. And cdale is an american company i think i would rather see my money going to america then some chinky japanese guys who could give a crap less about what I want. I think I like cannondales better then hondas now........I like that sticker too. ACCELERATES EXTREMELY FAST HAHAHAH!!

Icav

Quick Reply: dealer says 450ex in aug. or sept.