Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hey! This close and still no massive mess about the Rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I think the reason Honda left out the locking diff on the Rincon was because of cost. But from seeing the MSRP of it I'm not sure if they left it off. I'm just thinking here. But they enveiled the Rincon way back in October of 2001. Maybe they did that to see what people's reactions were regarding some of the features of it. Just a thought. But I would think if they needed a lock for the torque converter it would have been on right away. By the way, why would the lock for the torque converter be needed. A torque converter is a fluid coupler, acting as your clutch, correct. I know cars and trucks' torque converters lock but that's automatically. Any thoughts on this? Trying to keep the topic alive.

Old 05-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Haven't you guys heard? It does have a locking diff. The reason you see no switch is because Honda sells a probe along with the Rincon that gets embedded in your brain that locks the diff whenever you think you want it locked. Pretty high tech. I think Honda offers financing on the surgery.

Old 05-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think the switch is for the "Trax-lock", 2wd / 4wd switch. I don't believe there is a "locking differential". Where is the "low range"?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2002, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Quick chime in here...if the Rincon does not have 2wd/4wd...would you still buy it? Fun factor goes right out the window if you ask me...and isn't that what it's about?? Fun.

Old 05-22-2002, 11:31 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

$7,599!? No 2/4wd option? No locking front diff? Drum brakes? No low range? No front bumper (from looking at the pic)? What exactly makes this machine so great that people are already putting down deposits? For the same money I could buy a Grizz or Prairie and money for a few extras. I still want to look at one when they get to the showroom but it makes a sane person wonder what Honda is thinking. I'm really not trying to sound negative.

Old 05-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

From the pic I have found that is has thehonda esp,2wd/4wd switch,trippled sealed hydrolic drums in the front and disc brakes in the back.I think that little bump in the front is the bumper and the extra switch ABOVE the 2wd/4wd switch is the infulmous yellow switch.A bike like that is said to be called a small suv from honda.So in suv`s and in off road truchs they have the locking differential.So why wouldnt they put it on the rincon and also they have a high low gear so why wouldnt they put it on the rincon.So the little yellow switch could be a locking differential or it could be a high /low gear.That is in my opinion.So i guess you have to wait till august to see what it turs out to be.Any other suggustions?

Old 05-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

New discovery!!!!Turns out is says it is automatic and it has esp..How is that possible.In the video it fails to mention or show the extra yellow switch.It is 92lbs. lighter than the polaris 500. again they are strongly comparing it to an suv.

Old 05-23-2002, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

My Tahoe doesn't have a locking differential, its got a limited slip. So why does the Rincon have to have it? If 90% of riders don't really need it then why get it? I am not brand loyal, heck I like the Prairie's more than the Rincon just because it has a V-Twin, I think if they were to combine the V-twin motor with the Rincon chassis, it would be pretty cool, depending on how the Rincon handles that is. I never though I would like IRS until I rode a Grizzly and I loved it, granted I still like the swingarm more, but I also like the IRS.

Old 05-23-2002, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

But the locker will come in hany.But in the pic i cant see a choke.It could be a choke for all We know.Gonna haft ta wait till` she comes out bye.

Old 05-24-2002, 04:09 AM
JRM
Pro Rider

you sure your tahoe is limited slip? All chev's come with true lockers 1996 and newer with the leather package, My dads Z71 has a locker that enguages with a huge clunk and the truck lights both up when doing holeshots (sucks when on wet pavement in turns though)

Quick Reply: Hey! This close and still no massive mess about the Rincon?