Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hey! This close and still no massive mess about the Rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 05:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are all the massive posts about the Mighty Rincon??? You would think that people would be talking about this a lot more. Come on, I want to know about it.

Old 05-21-2002, 05:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hello Andy,
You're not the only one that wants info on the Rincon. First off, they really need to change the name to something more manly. But the overall package seems like it's going to be good. There's some nice photos of it on Honda's website now. By the way the shocks are angled front and back, it should ride real smooth. I think with a hydraulic torque converter it will have major torque. We'll have to wait and see how it performs. I'm gonna purchase a different machine in the future so I wanna see how the Rincon performs against the other monster 4x4's.

Old 05-21-2002, 07:40 AM
TG1
Pro Rider

One thing is for sure; diehard Honda guys will buy it no matter how it performs. I'm not trying to PO anyone just trying to stay that Honda seems to have the strongest following around, second being Polaris. When it gets to the dealers it'll be worth a long look.

Old 05-21-2002, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

Why would there be any big buzz going on? For one it has no locker and two there is not disk brakes on the front..........but hey, I still like the looks.

Oh, and for what its worth........Go to the Honda's website and check out the pics on the Rincon. Notice the first 4 pics that are of the original released......no yellow switch on the right handle bar....on top of the brake fluid container. Then go to the last four pics.....the new ones and there is a YELLOW switch on top of the Brake fluid container...? It might be a locker.......but my guess is HONDA re-designed their choke cable.....lol. Knowing them...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

later,

Old 05-21-2002, 12:59 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

There's some talk that the yellow switch is a lockup for the torque convert. I doubt the Rincon will have a locking diff because Honda feels its limit slip is the cat's meow.

Old 05-21-2002, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply on the switch.......so it may be a "locker" just not the one we wanted........lol.

Later,
Alaskaweasel

Old 05-21-2002, 07:05 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

alaskaweasel
That's only what I read on this forum... In fact it was just today but the post was back a little ways. I just don't want to miss lead anyone then be labeled a BS artist.
Even though I'm not a Honda fan, I do believe that the Rincon could be an impressive machine. As long as it has the "must" features of the other Big Bores. Of course top on this list is a locking front diff. Why does Honda still use drum brakes? Granted my old bayou never failed to stop (it had dual drums in the back) but now that I've ridden machines with discs I could never go back. One other thing; why don't more manufactures create better racks something like the Polaris rack but with better tie down points.

Old 05-21-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

TG1: You know what, if I knew the answer to why Honda insists on doing what they do......? I would be a rich man....lol. I have not figured it out either. It is sad to think EVERY major manufactorer has got disk brakes and some form of Diff lock (on most) and Honda don't. Beats me, it may be called head up rear syndrome? Who knows. But your points are valid and I feel the same way.

later,
Alaskaweasel

Old 05-21-2002, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have looked VERY carefully and I can't seem to find the yellow switch ontop of the front brake resivior....

Old 05-22-2002, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Rincon is still more mighty than Prairie. Thats the saddest name for a mean 4x4. 10 years ago, they would have had Michael Landon doing the commercials for it. Prairie sounds weak. Rincon sounds ignorant. Of course, thats the way it goes now. We have Eiger, Vinson, Beartracker, Rally, basically some pretty lame names. Yamaha has the best names, but it seems like they have cornered the market on wildlife. Nothing left now but mountains and stuff. Waiting for the Klondike and Matterhorn to arrive in dealerships soon!

Quick Reply: Hey! This close and still no massive mess about the Rincon?