Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Why Polaris has so many models

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-1999, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bone, I was talking to Mud Machine, see his post a few up before mine. His name is Robert too.

Old 12-03-1999, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

To the guys who own Arctic Cats...keep your mouth shut when it comes to styling. These are the absolute butt ugliest machines on the market. Mechanically...great ideas, and durable components. Remember the first polaris machines that came out! They should have slapped the guy that approved that body styling. Polaris wised up when their machines were not selling, they changed the plastic. Now their machines styling is cutting edge. I don't even own a Polaris, (Yamaha) I'm just using them as an example of what good product design will do for you. I know a good looking machine when I see one, and Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki all have great looking models in their lineups. Wise up Arctic Cat, and take note, your dragging behind the competition because your styling sucks. TF

Old 12-03-1999, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

I know my Arctic Cat is one of the ugliest quads on the market.(Not to mention the bad mud protection) But Yamaha's new Big Bear ain't to far ahead. And then theres the Blaster, and the Traxter.

------------------

Old 12-03-1999, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Kidz, i'd just like to say something i mean rip on Polaris, i'll admit it, that's what i came here to do. Cuz anyway, this is a Honda Chat, so you Polaris kidz can take a hike. The reason i like Honda is because they are not gearless, gutless wonders. They rip ***! There is plenty of power and torque in every gear, you just gotta drive one to believe it. Thanks for your time kidz.

The man with the Golden Gun.

Old 12-03-1999, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

I'm just waiting for the day some of these Honda guys around here who said "I wouldn't have an automatic in a 4 wheeler come riding up on one of those new Rubicons. I'm gonna really stuff some crow down their throats.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

[This message has been edited by Kagey (edited 12-03-1999).]

Old 12-03-1999, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

wuts wrong with the blaster, the thing looks perfectly fine. it aint supposed to look like a friggen tank like some the 4 bys its a sport quad .

Old 12-03-1999, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't call the Traxter ugly really. I think it looks pretty cool, as long as I'm not looking at a side view. The front end looks pretty nice, but if I see a side view of the machine, that step through seating just brings the looks right down. That would be cool if Bombardier would have a step through model and a non step through model. Another uglier-than-hell machine is the new Suzuki King Quads.

Old 12-03-1999, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

I find that the Balloon tires on the blaster make it down right ugly.

I don't like the fron on the Traxter, but I do like it with the optional bumper.

I think the ugliest quads have got to be the Praries.

Old 12-04-1999, 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Kagey has one of the best points here- I have heard tons of Honda owners say that they would never have an automatic, and he is probably right that some will change their mind. I always took this as a way to subliminally bash Polaris without saying it outright.

Rooster is on the money as well- The Suzuki King Quad IS hands down the ugliest quad! Nasty looking! I vote for the old Polaris explorer 300 in the top five too. It looked like it would fall apart in a heartbeat. At least the KQ looks a bit tougher.

TailFeathers- I think my 500 looks very mean, especially with the winch plate in the front replacing the ugly mesh grill. The 250 and 300 2wds look uglier though because of all that empty space under the front, and no splash protection to cover it up.

The ugliest, I mean downright crappiest looking bike I think is far and away the first year model 454 Arctic Cat Bearcat 2wd. The orange one with gold wheels and wannabe front rack. Anyone who has ever seen one would think it was made in the 70's.

My favorite looking quad is probably the 1997 or 1998 Yamaha Kodiak in Gray. Brand new though. They didn't look as good after they were all scratched up, but on the showroom, they looked cool with the round, scoop styled headlights.

I'm also partial to the looks of a 1997 Sportsman 400. The rear rack bumper bar thing was kinda neat looking and different. If the racks had round tubing instead of square, and if it didn't have all the rivets showing on the flares, it would have looked better though.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 12-04-1999, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

I also didn't like the looks of the Cat, I think the 454 2wd, that had the lights sitting down low sticking out on the bumper.

Quick Reply: Why Polaris has so many models