Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LT500 VS. Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what would the outcome be of a drag between a piped and jetted rappy vs a lt500 thats bored .30 over. Thanks for any replies!!

Old 06-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

The Raptor would get the holeshot by about a bike/ bike n' a half- then the 500 would catch him by the 200 ft mark, and end up 1 1/2 bikes ahead at the 300 ft....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

One question please. Have any of you ever seen a Quadzilla in action? The Quadzilla would be so far ahead it wouldn't be funny, even if it had a bad start and spinning the tires off. LOL !!

Old 06-15-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Ive seen so many (insert quad here) vs. quadzilla posts it makes me sick. Why would people always compare any quad to the zilla hmm makes you think.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2002, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< Ive seen so many (insert quad here) vs. quadzilla posts it makes me sick. Why would people always compare any quad to the zilla hmm makes you think.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Because the Zilla is Baaaad! I rode one for a few days and I absolutely loved the power on that thing. I couldn't believe the low end and midrange on that 2 stroke! You could leave it in a gear too high and just lug the motor and if you wanted to take off, just goose it and go. After riding that I knew I had to get something that could reproduce that midrange power, thats why I got the DS. With the slight mods I have done to it, its very close to what the zilla had.

Do you like the Pure Sport Bandits? Im tired of spinning thru 4 gears in the grass. DO they hook up good in the mud and turf? Are they the 4 ply or 6 ply?

Old 06-15-2002, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Even when my Zilla was bone stock (its ported &amp; polished ect. now)
it killed my buddies piped and jetted raptors, and killed them bad.

This was also on very slippery, very dusty dirt where the 4 stroker has a big advantage. On pavement, it would have been even worse for the Rap.

The Raptor is a nice bike, though.

-Matt

Old 06-15-2002, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

I love my bandit tires they are the 4-ply version and are indestructilbe but the only downfall I see with them is that they make the ride a little rougher and they hook up pretty well in all terrains on a 500cc two stroke but I dont know how true this is on other quads with less wheelspin and self cleaning in the mud is pretty good but not the best [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 06-15-2002, 03:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have seen 1 fast lt500 and a lot of mediocore lt500's. The average running Lt's are not faster that a proper tuned piped raptor. Piped/jetted with a cam or piston or both usually make short work of a LT with the basics. That 1 lt that i said was fast, WAS FAST. He made short work of the piped/jetted raptors. I did not get the chance to run him with my 686, but i do not think i would have been able to run with it. It would not have blown me away, but it clearly made the ponies. The LT was fast, but not as fast as most think. They can be build like everything else, done RIGHT it cost money. In the dragraces the Shee is still the quad to beat.

Old 06-15-2002, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

5 years ago this guy used to come out to the illegal drags with a totaly done up Zilla. This thing had slicks on all 4 corners. I don't have any idea where he got them, maybe off a cart or something?
Anyway, I watched this guy WHIP a 12:00 440 cuda throug the 1/4 mile twice. Then he wipped a high 11 second car. BaaaaaaaDD. I was all in to cars at the time and I did not race this guy. It woulda sucked getting beat by a quad.

Old 06-15-2002, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

That is simply not true.
My STOCK, STOCK!!!!! LT500 (before my recent rebuild, was it running at 100%? Im not sure...) absolutely made short work of two piped, K&amp;N equipt Raptors, and I was there when they were jetted by our Yamaha dealer called &quot;outdoor sports&quot;. They were properly jetted and were running at 110%.
One of the Rap's has a WB-Eseries, and the other is equipt with an FMF power core. These two brothers are good riders, but are not capable of properly jetting their bikes, hence the yamaha dealer doing the jetting.
Our race was on very dry dirt. We pulled from the line together,
but soon after I was pulling away like a stock Rap does a stock EX.
(these were piped &amp; jetted, not stock)

Your the only person who I have seen say the LT500s are mediocore. (sp?)
(and you ride a Raptor! no way!)

How is the Shee &quot;the bike to beat&quot; in a drag when a 500R works it like it does a stock Raptor?

Quick Reply: LT500 VS. Raptor