Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

vavle adjustment for a 250ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anybody has done a vavle adjustment on a 250ex by them selves. Or if you have the service manual for it. If anybody does could you scan the pages I need and email them to me?? I cant afford to take it in or by the book. Anybody's help on doing a vavle adjustment would be greatly apreciated. thanks

Old 06-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

i have a service manual for my wifes whats your email address and i'll send you the info

Old 06-21-2002, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer

Fendercover,

I'm in the same boat. Would you mind forwarding this info. on adjusting the valves to me as well. Also, info. on adjusting the carb if it's not too much trouble. I'll be forever in your debt. I'm at bobvan@box25.com

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 06-21-2002, 08:22 PM
Range Rover

YES YES!! I would be forever in your debt also!! please send me any helpful info on the carb too. I just cant seem to get it jetted right. I have the K&N kit but I think my vavles are causeing me the problem. Actually I really sure thats what my problem is!

Old 06-21-2002, 08:31 PM
Range Rover

sorry im an idiot... here is my address. dick_68@hotmail.com thanks

Old 06-21-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of problems are you having?

Old 06-22-2002, 03:33 AM
Range Rover

well, it cuts out and coughs at high rpm's. before the rev limiter. Ive tried several jet sizes and carb adjustments and have had my buddies help with it and cant get it running right. Plus yesterday I noticed a knock in mid rpms. kinda sounds like a spark knock. just a fast tapping noise. and the engine got hot really quick. I thought engines get hot when they are jetted lean. But Im way too rich, I thought. It seems I have the same setup as your wife's 250ex. What size jet did you put in it?? and other adjustments? if you could email me the pages I need for a vavle adjustment and how you adjusted your carb i would appreciate it greatly. Thanks again

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

you both should have gotten the pages i e-mailed to you, if not let me know.
i wasted my money on the k&n jet kit, the needle jet is way too short, i followed the kits instructions but it ran like crap anything off idle, so i played with the needle clip but even on the highest setting it still ran too rich. i put the oe one back in and it ran fine. now all it does is die at idle every once in a while, still is somewhat rich but i'm taking it to work (i'm a auto tech) and going to readjust the while thing with our 4 gas machine. did that to my warrior and it worked great. i went up 2 jet sizes on the main, but that could change. i'll know more hopefully tuesday and i'll let you know. when you get a few bucks the oe manual is something i highly think you should get. the clymer book does not even come close to what information that honda gives you.
her rev limiter come on quick but i went from 22*10*9 on the rear to 20*12*9. she just has to shift sooner, hopefully someone will come out with a new cdi with a higher revlimiter on it. i put on gbc schredders on the front and back and it now handles 100% better now.

Old 06-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Range Rover

Yeah that K&N needle sucks. I put my stock back in too. it tapers down to almost nothing. runs to rich no matter where its at. But I didnt see your email. whats your address? it might have gone in my junk mail filter.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: vavle adjustment for a 250ex