Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

JUST SAW THE PREDATOR!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was down at horsfall on the oregon coast and i saw the new "Predator" 500cc liquid cooled DOHC quad. It looked like a canondale from far away but once i got up and close i saw it was something new. I talked to one of the reps and he said it is one of four in exhistance and they are touring the coast to see what it can and cant handle. It looked pretty mean but didnt sound to impressive. He couldnt tell me the manufacture that is making it because it is top secret or whatever but i think it is a polaris for one reason. It has Fox shocks all around and from what i know polaris is the only major manufacutrer that uses fox shocks. Anyone disagree? Another thing the guy said this bike was totally diferent then any other quad that this manufacturer had ever made. Once again polaris dosnt have any realy sporty quads and this thing looked nice. It had a very wide stable looking front end and a long stance. The guy said it eats banshees puts out about 50hp to the rear wheels and has a top speed of around 75mph. This is just what i heard so it could be wrong. The quad was red with gray and black plastic and looked pretty neat. It is suppose to be anounced on august 1 who makesit and so forth. They should be on the show room floors in october. I was pretty amazed that i saw a pre-production bike. It was cool but he would let me ride it and i didnt get a chance to race him on my quad because i was leaving right when they pulled in. Anyways hope to see this thing soon.

Old 06-25-2002, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Almost forgot.... go to www.predator500.com check it out it looks pretty nifty...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2002, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

R U sure that html is correct? My Netscape said there's no such place. Sounds like the new Polaris project though. Good detective work and reporting!

Old 06-25-2002, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

The URL works. I just checked it............ WWW.PREDATOR500.COM keep trying. Look at the flash movie it is the best part of te page. I wasnt the best detective cause i didnt have my pocket camera with me.. Oh well pics are on the page.

Old 06-25-2002, 07:28 AM
Trailblazer

ya its a polaris, we saw the trademark info on some trademark site, its trademarked by polaris industrys...

Old 06-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

So obviously no one realy cares about this thing.

Old 06-25-2002, 08:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

If its a Pull-ar-is,its prone to breakdown and repeated premature parts wear.That could be a major factor in no one caring about it?

Bill

Old 06-25-2002, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

It is easily the ugliest quad out there.

Old 06-25-2002, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

Hoo-ya polaris !!!!
I am all for polaris getting into the sport market and welcome the competition !! If only honda would make something worthwhile... yah yah-"it's coming".."the check is in the mail" etc...I like honda but they have been totally lame in the sport market since the 250R. I say the more the merrier !!!
BRING IT ON !!!!!
Hey were these guys at the day use area ? what were they driving ?I will be at coos bay(Hauser area) this weekend 6/27-7/1.
Sure would be cool to see it !!!
I will make sure to carry my digital camera!!!
I would love to see this thing "kill" my banshee(just like they said with the DS650 and raptor , I had a raptor and know better...as far as dune machines go). But as long as the factory's are raising the h/p bar it can only help our sport. If they would only build another 2 stroke, how about a polaris "predator800RMK"(snowmobile power-can't hurt to dream)!!!!!
Anyone else see it ?????? let us know ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

<< Hoo-ya polaris !!!!
I am all for polaris getting into the sport market and welcome the competition !! If only honda would make something worthwhile... yah yah-&quot;it's coming&quot;..&quot;the check is in the mail&quot; etc...I like honda but they have been totally lame in the sport market since the 250R. I say the more the merrier !!!
BRING IT ON !!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Text
>>

dude how can u say that? the 300ex dominates every sport class shootout like every year, and the 400ex literly set off a chain reaction, EVERYONE and their mama is making a 400-500cc sport quad now to compete with the 400ex, i admit, the 400ex is out of date now, but the 450 will fix that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
but like i say litery every company is coming out with a quad to cmpeter with em,
'zuki, 'dale,yamaha (the 426), artic cat, kawasaki, polaris.....and not to mention, the 300ex, is a way better quad for the buck then a warrior, bu8t a blaster is a good deal, but its a boring quad lol

Quick Reply: JUST SAW THE PREDATOR!!!!