Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda 750 ex is comming,

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002 | 10:16 AM
Range Rover

Something has to be brewing in the honda r&d labs.weather it be a 440ex for the racers or a bad @ss 650ex.Who knows.

Old 07-08-2002 | 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Gees!!! Will this rumor mill never die. Face it people, you can wait and wait and wait forever for Honda to come out with a new high performance quad which, knowing Honda's corporate mentality (better safe than sorry), may NEVER happen or you can go out and get a Raptor, DS, Banshee, Z400 or C-Dale NOW - TODAY - FOR REAL.

Wake up and smell the exhaust: Honda was yesterday (even when the 400ex came out it was low tech/old school technology) and get off the "Honda is best and more reliable" bandwagon and jump into the present with Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Bombardier or C-Dale.

Old 07-08-2002 | 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

<< Yeah, why the hell would honda make a 750ex?
POINTLESS
Who would they sell it to?
Not me, maybe duners?
You couldn't use it for trail riding or racing because it would be to big, heavy and the 750cc it much to big to use in any normal race class.
>>

I just have to say that I don't understand this logic. How can you have too much power for racing anything? My buddies cr125 is faster than my raptor and do you know how powerful a cr250 is? By your logic the 2 wheeled pro's should be on 80cc bikes. I think the 250cc/440cc atv class should be moved up. It's time to get out of the 80's and the powertrains that where available then.

Old 07-08-2002 | 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

They dont have a class for that big of a motor. Not the power, the size of the engine.

Old 07-09-2002 | 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Actually, Wyoduner - when the 400EX came out it was state of the art and a first for high performance ATV's - only now, 4 years later is it starting to fall back in the pack of new machines. Besides......you don't have much room to talk - look at your rides! The Banshee and the Warrior are two of the most ancient designs in ATV manufacturing! I'm not bashing - I had a Warrior and have a Banshee - I'm just stating facts! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2002 | 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

the 400ex was not state of the art. name one new technology used on it? you can't can you? thats because while it was the only new high performance quad in years everything on it was old. the frame was off a 250r (it was modified a bit but it was close to the same) and the endine was off the xr400 mmm good ol fashioned air cooling. new quad but not state of the art.

Old 07-09-2002 | 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

keep in mind that the designs of both the 250r and 400ex were (and still are) the BEST OF THE BEST, even now.they are said to be perfect. i dunno about you, but i dont mess with perfection. like the saying goes, &quot;if it aint broke, dont fix it&quot;

Old 07-10-2002 | 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

<< Actually, Wyoduner - when the 400EX came out it was state of the art and a first for high performance ATV's - only now, 4 years later is it starting to fall back in the pack of new machines. Besides......you don't have much room to talk - look at your rides! The Banshee and the Warrior are two of the most ancient designs in ATV manufacturing! I'm not bashing - I had a Warrior and have a Banshee - I'm just stating facts! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Sandhopper, the 400ex has never been anywhere near state of the art. Heck, the only good thing about it is it's frame geometry and that is based on the ancient 250R (which is fairly good). The 400ex is old-250R-based-frame with an engine that only has 5 speeds (not 6), no reverse, air cooled and based on the XR400 many years after the XR came out. The suspension travel is average and the shocks are mid-grade. So... PLEASE tell me what was so &quot;state of the art&quot; about this machine??? I'm not sure what the 400ex was a &quot;first&quot; for in high performance ATVs like you said - come to think of it, it's really more of a SPORT ATV and not so much a HIGH PERFORMANCE ATV.

I'm not saying the 400ex is a bad machine but please; don't give me dog food and try to convince me it's prime rib!

What I ride has nothing to do with the validity of my post: to coin your phrase - I'm just stating the facts. And yes, you are bashing me by somehow trying to devalue my statements by saying I ride 2 of the most ancient designs in ATV manufacturing. What does what I ride have to do with the fact that Honda is WAY behind the times anyway???

Old 07-10-2002 | 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

<< keep in mind that the designs of both the 250r and 400ex were (and still are) the BEST OF THE BEST, even now.they are said to be perfect. i dunno about you, but i dont mess with perfection. like the saying goes, &quot;if it aint broke, dont fix it&quot; >>

What part of the 250R and 400ex is the &quot;best of the best&quot;??? I assume you mean the frame geometry. Well, best for MXing maybe but not for everything. The 250R frame was never known to be particularly strong and there are plenty of people messing with perfection... Every pro MX racer on a 250R BASED frame from roll design or other after market companies for expample.

Old 07-10-2002 | 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

The 250R wasn't supposed to be perfect for everything. What does the R in 250R stand for?? ***RACING*** And what does it do so well? ***RACING*** Particularly strong? It was made for MX and other racing,which is an expensive sport....I think if the frame gets cracked they can afford to weld the crack.

Honda made a perfect quad for racing at the time.....it's just the truth. Can you say that about any other manufactuer? Hmm none of the pros use Banshee based frames....I wonder why.

Quick Reply: honda 750 ex is comming,