Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Banshee faster than a CRF 450 R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lonestar,

Sorry I missed ya on MSN...was away from my desk.

Really liking the 400ex even though I have only driven it 3 different times in the two weeks that I've owned it. I drove it the first day I had it, and the 2nd day I had it, and yesterday evening.

This weekend we went riding, but I let a buddy drive it and I took the Banshee.

The suspension on the EX is unreal compared to all others I have ridden. The EX is also so much easier to ride...it makes me look like a pro almost [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . I hated to spend the cash on it, but I think it will be so much easier to race than the Banshee would. I liked the screaming high rpm power of the Banshee on the track, but the low end dogginess was killer. It's going to be nice to have all that tourque to be able to keep the front end up over a jump at most any rpm.

I don't know which quad I like better....I like them both in different ways. The top end of the Banshee is irreplacable no matter what anybody says....all the handling in the world isn't a subsitute for that. Besides that though, the 400ex wins in most every category. I really didn't think I'd like the 4 stroke, but for whoever hasn't ridden one..."This ain't your Grandpa's 4-stroke".

As for the modded Sport 400...I sold that this spring (March or April I think). I didn't ride it and just didn't have a need for it so I took $2100 for it. The kid that bought it had a great appreciation for all the work I put into it and I was happy that I could get rid of it to somebody like that. It had a few minor things that it could have used (Shift lever, 1 a-arm was bent, and could use back tires), he was talking about going down to buy those parts as soon as I was leaving his driveway (He lived near where I work so I brought the quad right to his house). He was only 15 years old, but I had a good chance to talk to his father and he was really a great guy to so I know she's at a good home. Now that you remind me, I think I may call them to see how things are going with it.

Talk to ya later man...see ya online.

-Josh