Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sold my Sportsman today and am now deciding between the Grizzly and the Rincon. During the 1,500 miles I put on the sportsman I never used the low range so that is not an issue to me, also I don't think the fully locking differential is of great importance to me. I am more concerned about comfort and reliability. I have been watching the Rincon's press releases and the initial magazine reports. I would like to hear from some owners about their experiences. Is it what you thougt it would be? Would you buy it again? Do you like the transmission? I have never owned a Honda ATV but I have had great luck with my Honda lawnmower, generator, & pressure washer. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Old 09-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I do not own a rincon nor have i ever seen one...they are not in our neck of the woods yet....but i have read every single comment on this site from owners who have them...the main concerns are the lack of lowend torque (many owners say it isn't lacking)and the lack of a fully locking differential...you have indicated you can do without either...you say you want comfort and reliability...many of the rincon owners say it is the most comfortable ATV they have ever ridden...as for reliability, noone can answer that yet, but it IS a honda.

Old 09-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own a Rincon, to sum it up, it has the best combination of everything, it is quite literally the SUV of ATVs, I would never buy anything else. It has the peppy ness of the Prarie the pulling power of the 700, or atleast close to that, And comfort matched by no fourwheeler, the radial tires give it incredible traction, and it has the smoothes ride of anything with four wheels. It continues to impress me, and I imagine will for quite a while.

Old 09-17-2002, 01:03 PM
MDG
Range Rover

I rode a new one this weekend and have to say it was nice. Very comfortable ride. Real responsive, smooth acceleration. I didn’t have a chance to run it against my P650 but it took off with good power. The only two things I didn’t like were the lack of front locker (You don’t care about that) and lack of engine braking. It felt like it free wheeled until you get down to 16 mph and then down shifts and slows you down a little. I could see where it might have a little trouble down steep hills. Overall I was impressed. The guy I ride with rides a 660 griz and he is going to buy his wife a Rincon after ridding it. Of course he said his 660 is better and I say my 650 is better but you know how that goes. Haha

Good Luck

Old 09-17-2002, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

whats the top speed you have gotten out of it and on what type of surface?

Old 09-17-2002, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

63, on asphalt, but it can go faster, it kept accelerating, i ran out of road, and your right, it doesnt engine break, unless your in fourwheel drive.

Old 09-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine topped out at 57 on the beach.

Old 09-17-2002, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

I have owned the Honda Foreman 400, 450, Rubicon and now the Rincon. I really like the Rincon with the following exceptions, it is always hunting for the correct gear in the automatic mode. I find myself using the ESP more than automatic, on the Rubicon the automatic was always in the sweet spot. I was disappointed the way it lacked engine compression. I was especially disappointed when coming downhills. At fast speeds on a dirt road I also thought it felt a little unstable, it tends to hunt or pull towards the grain of the road. I thought this might be the radial tires.
Anyway, it has the best ride, fabulous power and climbs better than any other foreman, and it has the fun factor. I also think it will be very reliable just like all other Honda's.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

From a guy who has both, based on what you state your expectations are, you will LOVE the RINCON!!!

Old 09-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

I sold my Sportsman 500 for the Rincon and am very satisfied. The ride is extremely plush. Don't know what people are saying about the lack of low end tourque, it has it. The engine braking isn't as good as the sportsman's. To get the best engine braking (for the Rincon) you need to be in 4wheel and ESP, then find the proper gear. I would most definetely buy again. The transmission is fantastic and extremely fun in ESP mode. If top speed is of great importance to you, strap a rocket engine on your *** and you'll have the ultimate bragging rights.

Quick Reply: Rincon Owners!