Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon got slammed by DW Mag shootout!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon got slammed by DW Mag shootout!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Gawd! I already do that with 4-Man-S (or TRX450), who has a P650. Those things a jsut gawd-awful fast....LOL!

Old 10-23-2002, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

Thats why they have horse races..everyone has a different choice. Iam part owner of a club in the Adirondacks and we have been active since july of 1986.We started with the now famous trx 350 4by 4s.Terrain is rough, mountainous,wet dirt roads .the whole gamit ..and miles of it.Ive seen a lot of iron over the years and most of it fared quite well ....until this weekend in the rain. 2 rincons went home inoperable from trail damage.We were all excited( being Honda guys )and left appreciating the rubicons ,sp500s old 300s etc.This new atv from Honda sustained far to much damage from rough trail riding.The machines sutained to much damage from brush and rocks.We took pics because we were so suprised.Bent tie rods,broken plastic,rivets popped,the udercarriage roughed up.This is a light duty machine.

Old 10-23-2002, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Bob glad to see you are still around.Like all others have said ride what you like and hope it is a good quad.Only time will tell.

Old 10-23-2002, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Nice Pic 3tv.

Looks like a whoooopin to me!

Nocando

Old 10-24-2002, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like Honda's taking the short dead end dirt road to he!! with their share of the quad market.

Old 10-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

All so in the Dec DW Honda is going to race the Rincon in the Baja 1000 in Nov. The other top rumor is they are endurance testing the new sports Quad

Old 10-25-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Dusty dirt drags are my favorite way to test power. Kinda like a drag race in the rain. Now if all machines had equal traction, the results may well have came out the same, and dusty trails ARE what we ride these things on, BUT there is far less margin for error with no wheel slippage...

Old 10-25-2002, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

huh?

denial is not just a river.

Old 10-25-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

If you'd read my post in it's ENTIRITY, you'd see that I said the results may well be the same.

Now you guys that know sleds know just how hard it is to win without a good lane and that quite often the best lane wins. What I'm saying, is remove this margin for error, install a timing system, and maybe even a Stalker STATS system so we can get some real results. THEN we can go to the dirt and see how THAT venue shook out and show that either the fastest on asphalt could or could not get it hooked up etc.

If I want to go ANYWHERE fast on dirt, I need 4wd to reduce slippage. The PVT has IMHO a distinct advantage here as it can you at just enough of a shift rate to spin the tires at roughly the same "slip speed" and will not blow them off.

Then again, what do I know???

Old 10-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

The p650 tires are the worst. I replaced mine with rawhide grips andnoticed a huge difference. I don't think the rincon owners should get bashed for what they ride (I question thier decision) but it fits THIER needs. If they are not satisfied than I would reccomend the P650.

We all have are biases based on the trails we ride our riding style etc... So in many ways we are comparing apples to oranges.

Quick Reply: Rincon got slammed by DW Mag shootout!