Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

My Rincon first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Rincon first impressions

Wifes friend brought her new Rincon over yesterday. Here are my impressions..

Very nice fit and finish.
Way too much vibration, maybe that will go away after broken in. Shook very badly. I was dissapointed with the power, seemed like a rubicon to me. Probably on tap with a sp500 ho in Accell.... Rode very smooth and stable, some body roll in the corners. Too much push when turning.. Maybe the tires?

Why no low range? torque converter seems to be working way too hard too often wonder how it will hold up without low range. I must say the rear brakes were very spongy.

I think this will be a great machine for her, and for anyone looking for a good all around trail machine.

No competition for the prairie 650 owners (different catagory) could have been serious competition for grizz and sp700 if it had a locker.

Just my opinion from a Prairie rider standpoint [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2002, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

And thats the funny thing, the power is so linear that its really hard to gage accelleration, I like punch the throttle rip the handle bars Kawasaki NINJA power!!!

Why dont they have their sportbike engineers build a motor... Its not like they dont have the tools or money to do this stuff. I guess they are spending all their time on the tranny's. I mean two seriously complex tranny's in 3 years, but the same motor for 12?

Old 10-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Mine just keeps getting stronger and stronger as it breaks in. It also appears that there may be something to be gained in jetting...

Old 10-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Sounds like you rode one in the D2 mode, 3TV. The D1 mode is more responsive, but then it was never intended to match the 650 Prairie, nor does it have the 2/4 wheel drive capability, which would make it feel a lot more responsive. But I am sure that you are happy with your Prairie, as I have rode both a friend's Prairie, and a Rincon, and the Rincon did strike me as being at the Rubicon's level of acceleration. Didn't really get to wring wither out on a trail, though...