Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HIGHLIFTER

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-1999, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, in general, what do you think about highlifter and their products? In general I think they are pretty good,but a bit pricy for the amount of stuff you get. I was planning on buying the high performance kit for my 300, it costs 380 dollars at highlifter. Well the truth is, I e-mailed rocky mountain atv and they can sell me everything in the kit for under 300 dollars!!!! AMAZING. So is highlifter a rip-off? You decide.

------------------
Matt Sibley

1999 Honda 300 4x4 Vampires, Lift Kit, 2500lb WARN winch

Old 12-30-1999, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

I bought all my stuff from Dennis Kirk...lot cheaper than high lifter. They are kinda high on their prices but all dealers are the same way

Old 12-30-1999, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt,you really got to watch the pricing of all the parts manufactures,especilly the damn dealers.Look at Highlifters lift kit for the Sportsman,what a rip off it is.I once seen a guy a my local riding area manufacture his own lift kit for his Sportsman.He said he had 30 dollars in the entire thing.All the parts seem high to me.But if we want it,we got to pay for it.====BILL

------------------

Old 12-30-1999, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

You no whats funny..... I don't remember what site it was but I found another site that sold some of the H.L. stuff, and guess what?.... on the high performance kit they were $10 CHEAPER than what H.L. wanted directly from them!! To be honest it kinda suprised the ell' out of me. I ended up ording the kit from a local bike shop, all for around $300.... everything is there except the K&N power up kit (its on back order ) ooh well still saved $80bucks!. I also know that when I bought my MUDBUGS and rims H.L. wanted $750 shipped to my door, at the local shop I got them for $600 so in my opinion... I like there site,it has a lot of new and cool things on it, but if I see something there I like, I try and find somewhere else cheaper. Some call me tight... I just think of it as wise

Brad

Old 12-30-1999, 11:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Brad,

I definately agree with you, why pay XXX amount when you can only pay XX amount of dollars. Anyone who doesnt agree with that is ignorant.

Bill,
You are also right, we have to pay to play!!!
about the lift kit, yes I bought mine from another cycle shop but for the same 118 that highlifter wanted. When I got it, my dad said he could have made those pieces for under 20 bucks. I would have asked him to do that BUT I didnt know exactly what the kit included. I'll be getting my high performance kit 83 dollars cheaper than if buying it from highlifter. The guys at rocky mountain didnt try to force me to buy or lead me one way or another, they simply gave me the price. Thats the kind of service I like!

Brad,

Did you ever get the kit on yet? How did it help?

------------------
Matt Sibley

Old 12-31-1999, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Went to the bike shop today..... the supertrapp pipe and snorkel are there just waiting for the K&N Power kit to show...its on back order I was told it should be there in the next couple of weeks. I has already been almost 3 weeks since I ordered it. He called up K&N and they told hime they have the filters in stock and that they are just wiating for the jet kits to arrive, soo...still waiting..but i'll be sure and let you know as soon as I get it

Brad

Old 12-31-1999, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Brad,

The snorkel is only available for the 400 and 450's right? I didnt see it for the 300's. I'm pretty sure that on highlifters site that the snorkel was for 400 and 450 hondas only. Let me know though.

------------------
Matt Sibley

Old 12-31-1999, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

I think that it is only available for the 400 and 450. The shop ordered me one and it only cost $8.50 so maybe you could get one and modify it (for 8 bucks if you mess it up or it doesn't work...no big loss)I am not that familar with the air box on the 300's to know whether it would work or not???

Brad

Old 01-01-2000, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

If you'll use only the stock foam air filter, and leave out the metal backfire screen that fits inside, I think you'll find that the stock air filter works just as well as the K&N air filter. Yes, the K&B filter does flow more air, but the stock foam filter (if used w/o the metal backfire screen) already flows more than enough. Using the K&N is like paying a $10 debt with a $20 bill... it satisfies the debt, but it's way more than what's needed.

My Honda 300 4x4 has a Powroll 313cc Big Bore kit (I love it). My 450ES has the Highlifter High Performance kit (I like it), and the Highlifter 466cc Big Bore kit (I hate it), and I see no performance difference with either one between the stock air filter (w/o the backfire screen) and the K&N filter that came with the Highlifter High Performance kit. (The 300 and 450 use the same air filter.)

DYNO-JET CARB JETTING KITS
I tried one on my 1998 Suzuki 500, and the only difference it made was to reduce its top speed by 2-3 mph! I sent it back for a refund. Then I helped another guy install one on a 1998 Prairie 400, and it didn't help a bit! Then I got one in the Highlifter High Performance kit for the 450ES, and none of the main jets included were large enough! From a $52 kit, all I used was the needle! And even IT had to be used at absolute max richness!

Gordon Banks
Huntsville, AL
2000 Honda XR400R
1999 Honda 450ES
1997 Honda 300 4x4
1947 Body (padded by Pizza Hut)

Old 01-01-2000, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gordon,
From what you said about the jetting, do I need to buy the jet kit when I buy the parts for the high performance kit? I'm buying it all separately for under 300 dollars but I dont want something that I will not need. Did you use the jet kit on steve's 300?

------------------
Matt Sibley

Quick Reply: HIGHLIFTER