Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Electric Shift Honda's-I wan't your facts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004 | 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Electric Shift Honda's-I wan't your facts!!!!

of the 4 electric shift hondas in the family, we have only had one problem. not with the shifting, i'm not sure exactly what it was, but it was still under waranty, only had it for a few months, and we noticed that it had about 80,000 miles or some other huge # on it, or so it said. deler replaced the defective part and that was the end of that. no other problems and we are hard on them.

Old 07-09-2004 | 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

SDK.

WE have two 03 rincons no problems to speek of with the ESP. I go through lot &lots of wet stuff

Milage update coming soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2004 | 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

well wife had first problem with electric shifter. she uses quad and trailer to clean up the mill yard . picks up a lot of sticks etc. olso gets gloves very muddy and this mud is transfered to electric shift. yep you guessed it ,electric shifts big enemy mud and sand jamed into switch. sprayed it with cleaner ,and end of problem.

Old 07-10-2004 | 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Me and my sister both have 04 honda ES machines.....they are both in the shop now for not shifting issue's with the gear indicators flashing. A part went out on both of them covered under warranty.....Waiting to get them back..not sure what part went out but it had to be ordered.

Old 07-18-2004 | 09:23 AM
Range Rover

My wife has 2004 Rancher ES 350 and I have 2005 Rancher ES 350. Both have just under 500 miles on them and have had no problems at all with the ES. We've been through water, mud, etc. We love em' and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Old 07-18-2004 | 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

hey fourlix, if you PM me i will tell you how to fix your friends foreman ES!!!!

Old 08-15-2004 | 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 250xRKrider
hey fourlix, if you PM me i will tell you how to fix your friends foreman ES!!!!
Can you help me on a Recon 250es Problem? Rode through "muck" now will only shift up and not down. Hosed off "muck" still no luck. Anybody?? I checked the fuse under the seat it was good.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-16-2004 | 01:45 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like the connection to the DownShift button, or the wire ...

Old 08-16-2004 | 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I thought this as well, however I have a new development. Won't shift at all when warm. Downshift is first to go then nothing no up/down. If I push the button up/down I can hear a sound like it's trying to shift but nothing. Also when I manual shift to get it in neutral I get Three flashes in the 1st gear position. Angle Sensor???

Old 08-16-2004 | 06:00 PM
Range Rover

The angle sensor is easily tested with a multimeter!
Get the resistance of the sensor in the Up - Neutral and Down position ...
It should read a resistance in the Kohm range (I think) ... and it should read a different resistance on the different position.

Or maybe you really have a mechanical problem ! ...
But I have a Foreman, I don't know if it's exactly the same thing ..

Just tell me your resitance values, I'll check in my repair book to compare.

Also, remove the shifter cover and see if there is no water, dust, or anything strange in there, wash it and put a new oring if it is
broken, wash the gears and put a good grease in there, I've put white grease on the gears and have no trouble ...
Oh, and maybe your shifter motor brushes are bad .... could be a ton of things . .

Quick Reply: Electric Shift Honda's-I wan't your facts!!!!