Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Golden West

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2000, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had bad luck with Golden West Cycle. I ordered some products, and they got sent to me (late). When I finaly got them, they had sent the wrong thing. I finally got someone on the phone, and first told them the problem and they acted they didn't care. They said just try to live with it, it will work like the stuff I actualy ordered will, and it's no big deal.

I told them that first of all, it doesn't matter how good it is, it's not what I ordered. Second of all, what they sent was worth less and of less quality than what I ordered. I told them I would be willing to keep them if they could knock the price down some, or throw in somthing cheap for free, but they refused to do anything. I couldn't ride without these products, but I didn't want to install them and not be able to return them. I was willing to make a bargain of some sort to keep them.

Finally, we came to the conclusion. They would have UPS pick the products up, and mail me the right ones. Even though they wouldn't do anything to compensate, I was just tired of messing with it and said ok. Problem was, UPS never came. Oh, they forgot, they will have UPS come again. Finaly they came, but since the products were in multiple packages, and they only had one tag for the products, they couldn't get any unless we put it all in one box. Not such a big deal, except that they shipped them all in seperate packages. So we got them all in one box, and then UPS came again and picked them up.

Then I never got my products, so we had the credit card company not pay them. Well, Golden West claimed they had never picked up the products, that we were lying and had kept products from the start because they claimed we told them we would just keep them. This wasn't true. Why would UPS come looking for the products if we said we would keep them? We finaly said we give up, and they aren't getting our business, and we are ordering from someone else.

After months and months, they kept trying to charge us. Of course we wouldn't pay. We had to get outside help, as well as the credit company, and all kinds of "offical letters" before they finally stopped trying to charge us.

Then after all this, I see all these guys sponsored by Golden West, and all of the races they have, and wonder how they can promote them as such a good company? Remember, they were in the wrong, I was still friendly on the phone (at first), and they still wouldn't fix the problem.

I highly DON'T reccamend Golder West Cycle. There are lots of other places just as cheap, with a lot better service. If I were you I would check out Rocky Mountain. They have good prices on tires & rims, have the silencers, and even have free shipping on DG products. I have bought a bunch from them. I have also had good luck with Recreation Tires, and Motoman.

Old 04-09-2000, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

sorry about yout troubles,i have ordered from golden west with out any problems. i even have called and talked with them about differnt mods for my 400ex and didnt buy the parts from them and they were cool with that, kept talkin away telling me to try different things.i think maybe you should have talked with a manager or owner. all these companys know that theres lots of competion from other vendors so they`ll try to make you happy.also with ups either sending or pickup they use a tracking number so there is proof about the shipment. it will tell what the date and time deleveried and who signed for it.

Old 04-09-2000, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

thats gotta suck, thanks for the warning. i'll remember that in the future

Old 04-09-2000, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I know what ya mean. I ordered all new plastics and nerf bars for my LT250R. The plastic FINALLY got to me, and they KEPT saying "oh, we're getting the nerf bars next thursday" they said that week after week til i canceled it and got my money back.

Old 04-10-2000, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered nerfs front tires and wheels and a FMFpipe and silencer from golden west. they said at first 5 days then I called they said 10 days know they say 2 day or 2mmorow I think thta they should tell U the date that the parts are going to come in and hget them there. I also oredered braking pads. If they don't come 2 day or tommorow I am going to get my money back and try another company.