Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What makes you a Honda loyalist?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 11:39 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes you a Honda loyalist?

The air bags in 1996 Honda Civic's work great when someone pulls right in front of you going 40mph.

Totaled the car, but my wife got out of the car shaken, but not stirred.

She had a few bumps and the air bag put distinct burn marks on her clothes but it was worth it.

Chet

Old 01-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shallow minded buffoon, what a butt head.

Things I don't like. I don't like people who are derogatory towards others without knowing them or having any idea of why they make the decisions they do. I don't like people who think they are better than me because they think they made a better decision. I don't like people who think their **** doesn't stink or they are macho because they bought the "big one". They usually fall into the ***** envy catagory.

I buy Honda ATV's because they fit my needs and wants. I like Hondas because they surpass all other manufactures in overall quality, safety, and technology. Just because Honda does not use disc brakes does not mean they are technically behind. Honda has disc brakes, they just choose not to use them.

I don't think the other manufactures are even capable of designing and engineering a transmission any where near comparable in technology to Honda's fully automatic hydromechanical, continuously variable with electronic controls transmission found in the Rubicon or the three speed automatic with a hydraulic torque converter of the Rincon that works let alone be in the same ball park with price. They will just continue with the CVT type that was first introduced in the late 1800's.

I buy Honda because I like riding my ATV anywhere I want and having the comfort of not worrying whether I will make it home or not. Honda has earned my business and I will buy another Honda ATV.

We have an early production 01 Rubicon, 2800 miles and 315 hours. Zero problems, zero. Why would I buy anything else?

Sincerely,
Shallow minded buffoon

Old 01-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JasonJa
I drive a Honda because I have a 1985 TRX 125 - no suspension - that has never broken down. All seven of us drive it in the family and must have at least 20 000km on it. I drive it everywhere, snow, mud, water, everywhere. What have we replaced? Tires. Nothing but tires. When it's -35 degrees celcius, you pull the choke, and the little Honda easily comes to life. I never got pulled home, pulled out of a sutuation or have broken down. It is for those reason's, and more, that you will never find me drive another brand of ATV ever.

*Pulling up pant leggs*

20,000 km on it through snow,mud, and water....never replaced the brakes??? Bearings??? And you stated "nothing but tires" *cough* bullsh!t*cough*...............

Old 01-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

without Honda's how would I get my Raptor home after the tranny blew, and who will pull start me when the starter bearing fails,

BRAAAAAP

Old 01-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

I ain't brand loyal but i can understand why people would stick with honda.....do you think people are stupid enough to choose honda if it wasn't a great machine....we're not idiots...honda deserved my business....they produce a machine that meets my reliability requirements....noone else could....if my priority was mud performance perhaps honda would not be my choice...but i'm certainly not an idiot for making the honda choice....i would not call you an idiot for choosing your brand....but i would call you an idiot if you are implying that i am a shallow minded buffoon for choosing mine.

Edited for this addition.......yeah honda impresses me every time i go to visit my father and jump on his 1983 ATC 110 and buzz around with zero problems....it's a machine that's been through hell and back including a night sunk in salt water.....he doesn't take care of it.....i change the oil once every blue moon....i can only remember him changing the plug once...sure it's probably more, but i didn't see it.....can't kill it.

Old 01-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Trailblazer

************************************************** *********************************
«*Pulling up pant leggs*

20,000 km on it through snow,mud, and water....never replaced the brakes??? Bearings??? And you stated "nothing but tires" *cough* bullsh!t*cough*...............»

************************************************** *********************************

Just to let you know, all I changed are all the tires. I'm not bullsh!tting, I'm saying the truth! No bearings, or brakes, all you have to do is take care of the machine, and it will last forever, but it does help if it's a Honda!

--JasonJa

Old 01-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Holy cow,

I guess you didn't read my name.....I use to own a 400ex, then a 300ex before that, and a 200x before that,etc......and they where all good machines....but you CANNOT TELL ME YOU DID NOT REPLACE ANYTHING ELSE THAN THE TIRES!!!! If you didn't........then ya better go order some up, cuz she needs some TLC.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Honda makes nice, reliable utility quads....this is why so many people are loyal. These are not performance oriented people....they want something that will last. The old 300 was the most reliable atv made....but with a very mild 282cc powerplant.
We will see how the Rincon stacks up....this sport utility segment is virtually new and I think Honda rushed getting the Rincon into market.....sit on their laurels too long and realized they could start loosing money too the new big bore competition.
Don't kid yourself into thnking one particular atv will never break down though...asuming it's rode.

Old 01-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

i doubt that you can put 20,000 km on anything other than the space shuttle without replacing anything.

Old 01-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer

I only buy Honda quads cause my mommy said anything else would be uncivilized !

Also, because they are my favorite flavor...red.

(Notice how i directly stayed to the point of the initial post...) i did'nt stray from the
original topic like others. I believe that the original posting asked why you are loyal
to Honda atv's......not why your not loyal to them! LOL grow up you bashers.

Get a life and ride on.............

PS......i don't need no stinkin ***** extention......(word up specta.....well stated post)

Quick Reply: What makes you a Honda loyalist?