Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HONDA CARD

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 01:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HONDA CARD

Last month I applied and was approved for the Honda Credit Card. Then bought a new Honda 400 EX.
I was told by the dealer that the Honda card is like a Visa ( which it kinda is ) but I have yet to see the title for my bike to come in the mail. I have received the registration. My question is.... for those of you like my self who have bought on Honda credit, do they send you the title as if were a Visa transaction or only when the bike is paid off like a regular bank loan.

Any feed back would be great. Thanks guys...

Old 01-12-2003, 05:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default HONDA CARD

You get the title after it's paid off.I've put 2 atv's on my Honda card.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default HONDA CARD

YZFBANSHEEKING,

It is nice to see that there actually is a state out there that gets you the registration BEFORE you pay the machine off. At the current rate that I'm paying off my 400EX, I'll have the title (and the machine paid off) six months before ever I recieve the registration card for it. Yes, the Pennsylvania DCNR is THAT slow! Putting an envirnomental extremist group (which is what the PA DCNR is) in charge of ATV registration, is like putting Sarah Brady in charge of enforcing gun laws.

The PA DCNR leads the way for the rest of the country in dragging it's feet when it comes to registration and making new trails. Just recently The PA DCNR purchased 12,000 acres of prime strip mining land for $4,000,000 ($1,000,000 coming from the ATV Snowmobile fund). We paid 1/4 of the price, yet we recieved 1/10th of the land (1200 acres or 40 miles of trail). To this date, they haven't even marked one new mile of trail up there. Nice, huh?

Old 01-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default HONDA CARD

Honda will be holding the title to the quad, because they are still the lien holder on the item purchased. You should get a certificate of origin for the machine, so you can get it registered for the state sticker.

Old 01-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HONDA CARD

Bansheeking: Here in NY the registration is your title. It's called a transferable registration. It seems odd that the lein holding company holds your title. Both my house and car have a lein and I hold the title to both. What do you do if you want to sell it before the lein is payed off?

Mike Chero: Don't feel too bad, at least you have state sponsored riding areas. We pay a registration fee that goes towards.... I'm not sure where it goes.

Old 01-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default HONDA CARD

As of July, 2001, every quad must have a title. Whether you take one in to be titled if you bought it before that date is up to you. Because of high theft of quads, it makes sense.

If you still owe on a vehicle, you have a memorandum title, or a copy of one. Real Estate is a whole different ballgame, you get a deed to it, but the bank has a lein on it.

Old 01-13-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default HONDA CARD

jobslob,

I feel your pain. The ATV registration money goes into the "General Fund" which basically goes to bail out NYC when it has a democratic mayor for a couple of years. The best part is, that since our states recoginze each others ATV registration, you could always get a PA registration for your quad. At least the money will stay in the ATV/snowmobile fund.

Old 01-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HONDA CARD

jobslob - I have never, ever heard of the lien holder NOT holding the title on any vehicle or house for that matter, until the note is paid in full. Ever. If you want to sell, the lien holder releases the title to you when the payoff is recieved. If you really do have the titles for your home and vehicles and there not payed for, let me know who you go through when needing to finance something so that I can get to work re-financing my house and vehicles through them. Peace

Old 01-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HONDA CARD

Now that I look back....I think quadfather said it best....no payoff, no title

Old 01-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default HONDA CARD

I think why he is asking, is if you just went in and bought it and put it on your VISA card, you would be the owner, and there is no lean on it, VISA just knows you spent money, not what you spent it on. So apparently a Honda card is not just like a credit card.

Quick Reply: HONDA CARD