Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

whats up with honda

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up with honda

all of you Honda nuts are just mad because the 400 ex sucks these days because of the competition out there. all of you die hard Honda freaks need to get off of your high horses and buy a real quad. and as for the rincon, sorry just doesnt compete enough with the kawi. sure it might be a great quad too but just not good enough to be "THE BEST ON EARTH" like they advertise. go ahead and pay $7500 for the rincon, i'll pay the $6999 for a quad thats just as good, probably better. WAKE UP

Old 02-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Rammy,
Thanx for enlightening us with all the knowledge you've gained through your 29 posts. If you don't like what we talk about in here don't read it.

Old 02-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

thats right,
if you dont like what us( honda nuts )talk about.

dont read it.........

Old 02-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

Just my 2 cents worth here...

When i set out to buy another sport quad in 99, I was looking seriously at the 400ex.
I was riding a 300ex at the time. I loved the 300 but I was too big for it, for the way i ride.
I ended up finding a 86 250R in great shape, no cracks or welds in frame, and mostly stock parts.
I paid $3000 for it, dumped in about another $3000. I would of spent a few hundered less for a new
400ex back then. Looking back at that choice now...I am so happy i went the way i did.

I have such a nicer quad for aggressive trail, part time mx type riding, and so forth. I know everyone cant
find a decent deal on a 250R that is good shape, but I am so happy i took the time to look. There are lots
of 250R's out there i see now adays, as compared to back a few years ago for some reason. But i bet i
could find tons of 400ex owners that wouldnt hesitate to trade me for my R. Not saying the 400 is not
a great quad, just that for the type of riding i like to do, i enjoy the R.

I also have a 300 4x4.....which is really fun to ride too. I guess i have the best of both worlds for MY needs
and wants. Although someday i will get a bigger 4x4. I think lots of people are upset with Honda for not
making the latested and greatest of the sport machines. But i wonder why so many people dont just hop
up the 400ex? What are your needs to have the fastest sport quad out? Bragging rights in a straight
line race? It just seems that so many people dont know how to have fun on what ever quad they have.

For me, i could care less if any other brand or model can beat me or has the best write up in some shoot
out article. I guess it's all relitive to the type of riding your doing. But you can't tell me that you base
your riding on what company has the latest and greatest straight line speed??? Can you???

Just go and have fun! Ride hard, Ride Red ! And dont forget to smile!!!

Old 02-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

RideRed420,

what do you mean by "us honda nuts" you say you that you own a friggin raptor and also a banshee. i dont have anything against honda its just i'm sick of everyone thinking "oh my gosh, its a honda so its got to be the best" they are all great quads but you have to bite the bullet on this one, there is just way too good of competition these days for honda to be "the best on earth" if you ever have a chance to ride a kawi or ride with someone who has one you wont believe the power difference in it and the rincon. im not just talking about speed here either its the power too!

Old 02-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

rammy,
if you look at my sign,

it says
400ex( MINE)
300ex(MINE too)
the others are just in the family

Old 02-08-2003, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

I don't remember the Rincon being part of this discusion? This is about the new sport quad and I just found some proof that it is real! And is being test riden now! It's past the drawing board and modeling clay it is already built! here's my proof: It was in this months dirtwheels in the Baja 1000 article. "2002 MX champ Tim Farr was set to ride until a last minute injury while test riding the top-secret new Honda sport quad forced him to pull out"
So Yipeee I was right, its only a matter of time.........

Old 02-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

it (WILL) be here sooner or later...........

Old 02-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

The first time I saw the z-400 was when I saw it lose to a 400ex in a drag, from then on I havent liked the bike. Its way overrated! How can people choose that over a raptor or cannondale?! The speed difference between the z and the ex isnt that big. It depends on the riders ability to drive it and what he uses it for. The ex is alot better and more reliable.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

I don't see how the Z400 blows away the 400ex like all the magazines want us to believe. I've seen an EX run right next to a KFX, and they seemed pretty well identical except that the KFX had both a reverse gear and a bent rear axle. No apparent advantage to me. Honda has a good thing with the 400ex and I'd own one if I didn't stand 6'8" tall in my riding boots. I used to think only Hondas would run perfectly and run forever, but other manufacturers have stepped up to the plate there. However, I'd still own an EX before anything made by Yamaha; I've been towed back to camp on a Yamaha by a Honda. I expect Honda to come out with something new before too long, but I also expect to see 400ex's around for a long time.