Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

looking for XXXL or XXXXL helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for XXXL or XXXXL helmet

Unless you've already struck out with them, you might still give the guy at National Helmet Outlet ( http://www.national-helmet.com/ )
a call. The owner is the one who best knows his stock, so ask for him. (He's not always there.) Might not help, but he sure seemed to know about the different helmet <u>shapes</u> when I was having fitting problems with my large, deep-but-narrow head shape. My difficulty was finding a helmet that kept contact with the side of my head without being eye-bulging tight across the forehead.

He stocks HJC (and many others), so he'd likely know how the sizes compare between brands.

Also -- there's "tight", and then there's "tight."
I was trying to get a comfy fit in a new helmet, and the shop owner (same guy i'm talking about above) convinced me to find the best fit ( meaning = light, even contact-pressure all around, no easy tipping forward & back)
and them wait for the helmet's foam padding to conform to my head's actual unique shape. It seems that helmets, properly fitted, are kind of like expensive leather shoes or boots -- there's a breaking-in period, and if you buy one that's totally roomy it will be sloppy loose after a few wearings.

Then again, if it's a couple sizes too small, or is the wrong shape, it'll never be right.

The shop's number is : 866-772-1726

Good luck !

Old 07-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

couldn't help but smile....that's an incredibly huge head....how about i fibreglass a beachball and cut some holes in it for ya...anyway, best of luck finding one to fit.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: GreatCanadian
couldn't help but smile....that's an incredibly huge head....how about i fibreglass a beachball and cut some holes in it for ya...anyway, best of luck finding one to fit.
Now that was mean.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Aw, c'mon, Raptor44 -- you wouldn't want to compliment the guy, after all -- he might get "the big head" . . . &lt; LOL &gt;

---------------------
Seriously -- I'm guessing you're a big guy, and that your head size isn't really noticeable unless you're trying to find a hat or helmet ... ?
I know my own big head ( it's minor-league compared to you guys!) was kind of noticeable when I was a teenager (what wasn't ?)
Adult hair styles were short then, but since mine was more a matter of deep/narrow than overall size, a full head of hair nicely evened out the shape thing.

It's a bit off-topic, but with two of you admitting to seriously large skulls -- I'd bet you have some pretty cool anecdotes about other head-size dilemmas!

Old 07-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

What can I say I have a big melon, not the only thing big about me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (but thats for another message board), and yes everything is proportionately sized [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . Funny thing is I have a street helmet in a 3x and it fits just fine. So I am thinking MX helmets run small. My biggest concern is not being able to ride places because I don't have one... Now stop hurting my feelings!

Old 07-11-2003, 01:56 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: rhinhd
Now stop hurting my feelings!
Hmmm -- you gotta tough it out, bubble boy!
You keep complaining, I'm gonna get a 2x4 and . . . oh -- that'd just make it worse, huh ?? &lt;rotfl&gt; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Range Rover

It's might help shape my head into a helmet I can wear... LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys...i'm sorry if i offended anyone....just found it amusing that's all....my apologies.