Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Owners Click Here, Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Owners Click Here, Please!!

Does anyone know the invoice price on a Rincon? I was told that it was in the $6100 range, but I thought they would have a higher markup than that. Anyone know?

Chris

Old 03-20-2003, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ravencr, Honda suggested retail is around 20 - 22% mark up over the invoice price usually. Don't know exactly but 6100 sounds about right for invoice.

Old 03-20-2003, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Trailblazer

Well here is the scoop on someone who owns a Prairie (I know I'm in the Honda forum!) Well I was always die-hard honda but the Prairie came out so I decided to switch. The Prairie has awesome acceleration, great handling, and is an all around great bike. Front diff. lock has gotten me out of places that I would have normally been stuck. Only problem though is the belt. Have to adjust it pretty soon when new. and put in "the black spring" Everyone in the Kawi forum knows about it, basically it is just a different spring that helps prolong beltlife. All in all I would recommend a Prairie once get the belt issue taken care of. My thought are that the Prairie has so much explosive acceleration that it is hard for a belt to hold. HOpe this helps.

Old 03-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

I ride a Rincon, used mainly for hunting the high country of Colorado for Elk. I rode a Rubicon, but after some surgery, thought the ride of the Rincon would be nice. WOW, what a ride, and with power. A steep, rocky mountain was tamed nicely. I also pull a trailer loaded with Elk, without a problem. The guys with the belt driven ATV's had a problem of "burning the belts", their term, not mine. I have not been on the Kawasaki, therefore I cannot comment there. I shoe my Rincon with 27 inch Blackwaters, 9 inchs wide, and go in the deep snow better than anyone else on the mountain. Good riding.

Old 03-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Keep em coming! I love the comments. The comments I receive hear will guide me to make the right decision.

Chris

Old 03-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey there I too am looking at a Rincon. I have looked at all the competition and still have not decided. I'm glad to hear that putting on aftermarket tires is not a problem. I actually posted that question. As for the price issue I have read about in past posts I'm in Canada and the price here is $11,000 and the dealer has a waiting list. I might just take a look at some of those Rubicon trade-ins. I think it looks good for the Rincon.

Old 04-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

PE101
don't down grade to a Rubicon (great machine) get the rincon if that is what you want not putting down the rubi but the diffrence in the machines is unbelievable! I went with the prairie because of the price and power diffrence but if the rincon was same money it would be very hard to choose I have rode my buddies rincon very nice bike actually really like the IRS. the prairie is the best riding striaght axle out there my buddy who has the rincon drove mine and liked the way it rode. the rincon is $7400 the praire I got for $6300 which is about the same as the Rubi. If you want a rincon with the cheap finacing the payment is not much less for a lesser bike Get what you want don't settle,get the rincon or the praire( should put the black spring in if you get a Priare 25 bucks gives you more sanp and I have read people geting over 1000 miles out of a belt) either machine needs tires for sure. but either bike is awesome!

Old 04-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

you can get the rincon for 6300 right now in Mississippi. I don't know what shipping would run though so it might not be worthwhile to someone who is farther than a few states away. I drove from GA and it took me probably 8 hours each way but I saved almost 2 grand. I would have driven a couple more states for that.

Old 04-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my Rincon in PA and I live in Memphis, TN. I had it shipped to me for $200.
~Tim

Quick Reply: Rincon Owners Click Here, Please!!