Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Owners Click Here, Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Owners Click Here, Please!!

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Prairie and the Rincon. Here's the advantages I see that the Kawasaki has:

1) Front Diff Lock
2) Quicker and more powerful

Here's what I feel the Rincon has:

1) Ride Quality
2) Honda name and reliability

I would really like to hear how Rincon owners feel about their Rincons. Thing like how long you've had it, any problems, what are it's strong points, weak points, and what modifications you have done. This would be extremely helpful!

Thanks,

Chris

Old 03-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

I've only got 70 miles on my Rincon. But thousands on other quads such as a 250ex, 300ex, 400ex, Raptor, Scrambler 400 2 stroke ( not ecessarily in that order ). So far the only weak point is the non adjustable shocks. They are a little soft for my 235 lbs. The front drum brakes work well, I was a little concerned about those. Being a Honda, I doubt if I'll have any reliability issues.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I was concerned about the non-adjustable shocks too. I'm 225 lbs, and I like to ride with my wife most of the time too. The other thing is that the Rincon doesn't have a low gear. The main thing thatI've heard is so good on the Rincon is the ride quality. That's about it though. Of course the typical Honda Reliability is always good, but there are quite a few things that it's missing when compared to the other big bores.

Chris

Old 03-13-2003, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

I haven't ridden a Prairie so i can't tell you much as far as comparison goes, but I have loved my Rincon. I have almost 200 miles on it and it has really got an extra jolt of giddy-up these last 50 miles. The power was great to begin with, but now you can ride wheelies in automatic mode. I weigh a little less than 200 and haven't had a problem at all with not being able to adjust my rear suspension. I have done jumps and tried quite a few crazy things and still haven't managed to get it to bottom out because of weight consideration. I generally ride with tons of gear and other people's junk that they can't fit and it still does wonderfully. I'm a big fan of the Rincon obviously, but you may want to compare with someone that owns a Prairie. Good luck on picking out what to get!

Old 03-13-2003, 05:29 AM
Trailblazer

if you plan on utility work go for the prairie. If you just want to ride trails go for the rincon. I have about 900 miles on my rincon right now. An yes, I can bottom it out at will. But I bottom every thing out so..........

The lack of a low gear takes a little bit of getting used to, but the bike has plenty of power and I have yet to see it be a problem. The other thing is that it is a true automatic, having a torque converter. One of the cool things about torque converters is what is known as torque multiplication. Simply put, you are not gonna have a problem whacking it in first gear from a dead stop anywhere weather you want to creep it, or wheelie it.

The biggest draw back I see right now for the rincon is that its too new and there isn't enough cool stuff out for it yet. The stock tires need to be ditched right away if you want to push it. One of the guides I work with just switched to the itp holeshots on his rincon, another guide should have them on his rincon shortly.

If you want high speed stability the rincon will walk on the prairie. If you are in a sand wash thats totally flat maybe not, but as soon as you get into some rougher terrain you'll be blown away with the difference.

Old 03-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

That's awesome reviews guys, and I'd love to hear more of them!

Chris

Old 03-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have green rincon 650 with 580 miles and it seems to get stronger each day. i highly recommend it but for heavy utility you best served elsewere. for fun speed & some light work you can't beat. most people who do not like have not ridden it long or did not use the esp mode.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

esp is actually way more fun that auto but when I'm trying to concentrate on tricky trails and washed out ruts as I fly past and over them I tend to leave it on auto just so i don't have to fool with it. I'll put it this way, after riding mine I hate to let anybody else try it out because that means I am stuck with their ride and having to shift manually. (I don't have any buddies with auto that I ride with)

Old 03-13-2003, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

i have had my rincon now for two months, just hit 600 miles and i love every mile that i get to ride on it. adjustable shocks, yes that would be very nice but i have no complaints other than that. i liked it so much i bought my wife one.

good luck!

Old 03-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

got about 500 miles on mine. I love it so far. I have raced grizzly's,praries, and sp700s. They are all comparable machines. The Kawi is undoughtedly quicker off the line but top speed is the same, or at least very close. I rode a Polaris and there is day and night on the ride of the two machines. The polaris is soft and boring,while the rincon is energetic and taut but not firm. Just much quicker acting suspension. But I find the front shocks a little soft and I weigh about 280. But it is a great machine. I have yet to have a need for a low gear but if I was to work it hard I am sure it would be missed.

I put on a Big Gun exhaust. It seems like it sucks up more fuel. Like 4 gal to my buddies 3gal and we follow each other with identical machines with the exhaust being the only difference. Don't know if I like the exhaust yet. It is awfully loud compared to stock but has more guts. I am still undecided but after a couple more trips out I will have a better idea. I hope that the fuel sucking competition was a fluke!!

Quick Reply: Rincon Owners Click Here, Please!!