Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda, final answer? dirtwheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda, final answer? dirtwheels

i just got the new may 2003 dirt wheels and in the "over the bars" section theres a picture of a 2003 buyers guide. On the top of the mag it says, "honda 600ex & crf450 sportquad special report" And there is a picture of a 250r frame with a 450f engine in it sitting on a stand. Is this finally what honda is doing? Does anyone have any other info? Im also looking forward to that new WR450 based sportquad that Yamaha is coming out with. Dirt Wheels even said we should see the Yamahas new quad before hondas...

Old 03-26-2003, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Dirtwheels says a lot of crap. I'm guessing you are pretty new (I didn't look at how many posts you have) but I can tell you're pretty new by how you believe what DW says.

Almost everyone in this forum can tell you that DirtWheels magazine is NOT a reliable source.

Old 03-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

That is so true MxDale71, but at least they are talking about it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

DWs is talking about it because it's a hot topic and sells mags. For anyone new:

We wait and wait for the new Honda sportquad and DWs speculates but the bottom line is believe nothing until it is posted on the official Honda site.

Old 03-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

yeah, i just subscribed to dirt wheels, usually i read atv sport. but i ordered that buyers catalog thing, ill post n e thing important that i read about the new hondas. How are those Z400's? im thinking about selling my R and getting one of those.

Old 03-26-2003, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

looks like someone got the april ( fools ) edition of dirtwheels again.

Happens every year

Old 03-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Well I'm on the fence waiting...everything I own is a Honda, 2 cars, 4 motorcycles and I know the ATV I buy will be a Honda so I'm waiting to see if they are coming out with a new sport quad. If not, then I'll either buy the 400EX or the new Rancher AT but it will be a Honda - they are bulletproof. Doesn't matter what anyone says about how fast the Z is over the Honda, reality is you aren't going out on dunes to see if you can go faster than everyone else before you kill yourself out there.
Besides, one the of good things about the 400EX is that they are a heck of alot cheaper than the Z400 right now, easily $1000 less OTD than a Z

Old 03-27-2003, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer

DONT TRADE YOUR 250R FOR A Z400. that wouldnt be good, y would you trade in an awesome bike for a good bike. HONDA @%)R ALL THE WAY LOL

Old 03-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

arctic... this is in the may issue, ive already seen the april fools thing, of course that is fake
cudaman, i am selling my R because of money issues. I am 15 and i want to race, but my parents arent supportive at all. They want me to sell my 250r and get a 4-stroke because they are tired of me spending all the money i have just to make the thing go. I work 2 jobs and i get about $80 a week. I just wanted to get something to race for my first few races with not alot of money, because i know it is alot of money to race and all that money come from me so... id rather have a 4-stroke. But, i know a guy around where i live who want to sell a yz426f in a Leagers 250r frame that was made by East Coast ATV for $10,000 its real nice, it has been raced a few times but it has everything "axis shocks, leagers a-arms, RPM axle, and some engine work. But i dont know if its worth it...

Old 03-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

i might get another R, if i dont decide to get the 426, or the Z, but i have seen many pros go to the 4-strokes. And if i do get another R i will give it a full inspection before i buy it! i hate getting ripped off!

Quick Reply: honda, final answer? dirtwheels