Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex or 500 scrambler

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex or 500 scrambler

Originally posted by: CrAcKhEaD
the crapator (predator) is a nice attempt but just dont cut it.... its kinda sad actually. as ive said b4 the 400ex is the only 4 stroke worth buying

You really are a crackhead.

Old 04-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Range Rover

Dont get me wrong here, yes i have a Polaris, but i hang around with a bunch of Honda guys and ive never ridden a 400ex, but have seen them run and the 500 scrammy dont have a chance in the world, i have ridden one of them and personally they are dumb, the 400 scrammy will walk all over the 500 any given day, but as for the 400ex vs. 500 scrammy, heh i think youll have better luck racing maybe a 250ex lol, sorry but the scrammy wont do it. just my 2 cents

Haz!

Old 04-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

What do some of u mean by 'get out of the 80's 4 stroke is where u need to be'? who cares if they stop making 2 strokes theyre still gonna be out there beating ur asses. some of u four stroke owners are just in denial or something about getting beat by a 250 or at most a 370 that was made back in 86 as opposed to ur bigger dual carbs,doch,5 valve 500, 650, 660 with the newest technology for a qaud available today.

LOL he may be a crackhead, but he makes a hell of a good point. Although i dont agree with the "Polaris is for girls B.S. i ride a Polaris Xplorer 400 4x4, and i love it, yea its got its malfunctions and its not the best wheeler out there, but its kinda cool having a 600lb. 4x4 that will do 60 and Pull ok whellies and still be able to have the 4x4 for muddin and all that fun stuff, personally i wudnt buy a scrammy for the fact that A-no Low range B-heavy "wanna be sport quad" C-crappy suspension, personally if you want a half-a$$ sporty feelin wheeler (thats a polaris) buy a xplorer not the scrammy so u have low and u dont fry clutches and belts in a "low range situation". AND KEY FACTOR HERE IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A BANSHEE, IF YOU WANT TO TRAIL/MXTRACK BUY A 250R OR 400EX HANDS DOWN BEST HANDLING AND POWER!

Haz!

Old 04-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

some of u four stroke owners are just in denial or something about getting beat by a 250 or at most a 370 that was made back in 86 as opposed to ur bigger dual carbs,doch,5 valve 500, 650, 660 with the newest technology for a qaud available today. Polaris are girl quads and for ppl that dont know how to use a quad, the crapator (predator) is a nice attempt but just dont cut it.... its kinda sad actually. as ive said b4 the 400ex is the only 4 stroke worth buying
Wow, you areally are a crackhead. the 400ex out doin a Predator 500? Get out from under your mama's wing and take a look. The 400ex doesn't stand a chance against a Predator 500. Now your just talking stupid. Nice attempt, but just don't cut it? Wow, you should stop buying that crack and stick some of that money into a quad. You gotta love his loyality to Honda, but every manufacturer out there right now (except maybe artic cat)has a better 4 stroke than the 400ex. I'll be the first to admit that I"m waiting to see what Honda does with a new sport, but right now, they are behind the times in the sport quad market.

Old 04-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

The Predator just doesn't cut it??? LOL! Where have you been?!?! All I have to say is WOW! I have to agree with ProXPredator. Honda should be proud to have customers as loyal as you! You say the 400ex is better than the Predator? WOW! lol

Old 04-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

'Wow, you areally are a crackhead. the 400ex out doin a Predator 500? Get out from under your mama's wing and take a look. The 400ex doesn't stand a chance against a Predator 500. Now your just talking stupid. Nice attempt, but just don't cut it? Wow, you should stop buying that crack and stick some of that money into a quad. You gotta love his loyality to Honda, but every manufacturer out there right now (except maybe artic cat)has a better 4 stroke than the 400ex. I'll be the first to admit that I"m waiting to see what Honda does with a new sport, but right now, they are behind the times in the sport quad market.'

'The Predator just doesn't cut it??? LOL! Where have you been?!?! All I have to say is WOW! I have to agree with ProXPredator. Honda should be proud to have customers as loyal as you! You say the 400ex is better than the Predator? WOW! lol'

I think u guys need to read instead of just looking at the letters look CLOSELY nowhere in my post does it say that a 400ex will beat a predator, i said the 400ex is the only 4stroke worth buying, im not even implying that the 400 is better and u still come up with this? well all i gotta say is WOW u gotta love the loyalty from those polaris ppl[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] u see something bad about a polaris and automatically go off, next time u get a load in ur face wipe it off b4 u get on the forum, read and pay attention to urself before u talk sh*t

Old 04-07-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

I think u guys need to read instead of just looking at the letters look CLOSELY nowhere in my post does it say that a 400ex will beat a predator, i said the 400ex is the only 4stroke worth buying, im not even implying that the 400 is better and u still come up with this? well all i gotta say is WOW u gotta love the loyalty from those polaris ppl[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] u see something bad about a polaris and automatically go off, next time u get a load in ur face wipe it off b4 u get on the forum, read and pay attention to urself before u talk sh*t
How did you put it, the 400ex is the only 4-Stroke worth buying. And that doesn't say that the 400ex is "better" than any other 4-stroke out there? Hum, that's what it sounds like to me. I know a few people that have 400ex's, and they do love them. But they also said it sure would be nice to keep up to the other 4-strokes that ride with us. And to have the suspension that the others have. See something bad about a Polaris? You must be talking about what you are saying, cause I haven't found anything bad about my Predator. I don't talk sh*t, I think you have that department down very well. Have a great time riding your "only 4-stroke worth buying".

Old 04-07-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Okay, The 400ex has handling, Weight, and reliability over the polaris. Yeah the polaris is quick out of the hole. But at more weight than my raptor the nice shocks arent going to make up for it. I am selling my raptor for the 400 i just got. I love the 400ex. Yeah so i get beat by my friends now in drags. Im just using it till the new honda comes out. If its a 450, or 650 im sure either will put competition onto all the new quads. Why would they come out last with a new big thumper and make it slower. I am also confident that they will keep the weight down. Jumping that predator would be scary. That is way to much weight to try to handle.

Old 04-07-2003, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

Okay, first thing's first: I don't like to argue with thick headed morons. I don't know where you can go along calling me wrong in this situation.

Second: I am by no means brand loyal. I am in fact going to be buying a 400ex real soon (hopefully). Do not go jumping on that "sensative Polaris owners" idea!

Third: I think somone needs to go to the library and find a few books above the sixth grade reading level so he can comprehend the English language a little bit better. I replied to this post just because of a thought that popped into my head. I looked at CrAcKhEaD's reply and saw some things I disagreed with. Don't go telling me that I'm the one talking sh*t.

Next, how the heck do you get ProXPredator and I saying that you said a 400ex can beat a Predator? YOU need to look closely. We never said that you said the 400ex will "beat" a Predator. You said the 400ex is the only 4 stroke worth buying. That cannot more clearly imply that the 400ex is better than the Predator, and all other 4 strokes for that matter. If you wish, please enlighten me with why you think the Predator just doesn't cut it. Let's just say that maybe you didn't mean to imply that (which CLEARLY, according to your text, you DID). Just watch how you type things next time. How far do you want someone to read "into" your text? Geez.

You are entitled to your opinion. Just like I am entitled to disagreeing with it. Don't go telling me to wipe a load off my face or telling me that I am talking sh*t, because I am not by any means. I really dispise people like that and I am beginning to lose respect for you on this forum. Please tell me you are just a kid (under 18) because then I can be more understanding of you since you (and I for that matter) still have a lot of maturing to do.

Old 04-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

yea, i couldnt agree wiht offroadrider more, hes right, i have a Honda riding friend and he knows his stuff and i agree with him alot, but the worst part about him is, if its not a 400 ex it sux or a 250r or 350x, he rode a raptor once and liked it, but said it had no handling like the 400 and he "heard" that the same kid that owned the raptor also had a pred and he didnt like it as well, so automaticly, he sees any bou a pred, its crap basicaly just for the reason it says polaris on the side, lol got that ticks me off, but for some reason hes the first one to ask to ride my xplorer?(i thought polaris was crap?) and im not talkin crap to all you honda guys out there, cuz i know they have a very reliable quad out there and ill agree with you polaris has some bugs to work out, but i still enjoy my polaris and hope to have a honda, like i say, i dont know that much bout the sport quad word cuz i dont have one and only sport quads ive ridden are a honda 350x and a honda 250x and a few scramblers and trailblazers. but the guys i hang out with all ride sport, and 2 of them race 250r's in mx circuit so i just kinda ask around, but i do think some people need to get there head outta the gutter and wake up and stop puttin everyone else's quad down just cuz it may be a polaris and same goes for some of us polaris guys, like offroadrider said, some of us just have some maturing to do!

Thanks, haz!

Quick Reply: 400ex or 500 scrambler