Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Douglas Shamrock Beadlock Problems.....Opinions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Douglas Shamrock Beadlock Problems.....Opinions

Guys i need your opinion on what to do????
I bought a Full Set of Shamrock Douglas Beadlocks and new Extreme Haulers and am using my slightly used Mohawk front sand tires.
Anyway i take to my Local Les Schwabb Store and Talk Personally with the Boss and take him out and show him that i had $1000. worth of Tires and wheels and needed them mounted but i said,please be careful with them and dont scratch the wheels.
Next the owner takes wheels and sets them on cement floor and i grab wheels and say,please dude i dont want these scratched so pick them up and set the wheels on the tires so they dont get scratched.He apolagizes.
2 Days later i go to pick them up and the Boss isnt in but they say they are mounted so i pick them up and bring them to my truck.Then i notice that 1 Rear Wheel they broke the Beadlock Bolt off and one front tire is flat.
So i go back in store and guy says they are having problems with them holding air and they tightened beadlock to try to get them to take air and broke bolt off.
I am pissed so they say ,they had an experienced guy in shop that told them that he also had some beadlocks and he also couldnt get them to hold air either.
I call them Saturday and they said they were still having problems with front Tire keeping air.They blame it on the wheels???Thanks for reading this long *** story but i am pissed off and am wondering what i should do.Anyone else have problems with Douglas Beadlocks holding air?Opinions or comments are appreciated. late,zubbeyboy

Old 05-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Douglas Shamrock Beadlock Problems.....Opinions Needed

J/W but why didn't you just mount them yourself ?

Old 05-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Ridley i am picking them up today.They are going to blame the wheels.My bad choice bringing them there. late,zubbeyboy

Old 05-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have shamrocks and iv have one that leaks but as for your troubles if you did not take them to to a atv shop and you took them to an auto shop they will tell you that you still have to pay them and might not fix your rims if they do that take your rims home if your broke bolt is on the rear rim just take the other bolt out of the plate and take the broke bolt out match up your good bolt and buy a new bolt if it is on the front let the air out take all the bolts out and fix it if they did not mess up your rims i would not worry about it fix the bolt and leak your self and never go back to them if a atv shop did them raise hell with them they should know how to mount them right

Old 05-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with Killer250R. The whole fun of having new beadlocks is mounting the tires yourself. I mounted a set of Holeshot XCTs on Hi-Per carbon fiber wheels. No Leaks, no muss, no fuss. I used my hands for tire irons and didn't have a bit of trouble doing it. Make sure you use a torque wrench when tightening the beadlocks. This is what probably happened to yours. Some "idiot grease monkey" probably tightened the bolts with an impact wrench.

Like I said before all you need is a torque wrench, and a tie down strap to seat the beads. You can get the compressed air at most service stations for free.