Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Best 350 pv motor? LRD, CT, ESR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 350 pv motor? LRD, CT, ESR?

smoke
ive had my 350pv for about a season now and i love it. i originally had the bellows style valve which has only minimal operating range,( the slide is limited as to how far it can open up). i have since then upgraded to the newer style valve which is awesome. even smoother power band and alot more top end( the newer valve allows the slide to open almost twice as much). for duning teh moter is perfect. i run a 13 tooth front sprocket and on a good speed dune run, i almost never have to shift out of 4th or 5th. it will save you a an imeasurabe amount of shifts. i have heard good things about the LRD PV and since they are so close to you i would steer you in that direction. however if they are still using the bellows style valve you may want to reconsider. i know for sure that ESR and CT use the newer style, BUT it does have some longevity issues straight out of teh box. CT has mended this problem with some machining and im not sure if ESR has done teh same yet. now if LRD does not sell the piston power valve dont worry, as it is interchangeable with teh bellow power valve. as far as CT goes, you will probably hear that their motors lack power , etc. From a drag racing standpoint this is probably correct, but if you look at what winning racers have, alot of them run CT. what im tryiny to say is that a CT motor may not be the fastest in a drag race but it will be reliable and have the MOST USEABLE POWER RANGE. CT is only 20 minutes from my house as well and hence my deciion to go with them, and i couldnt be happier

Old 05-10-2003, 01:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

esr makes good reliable motors. Not the greatest at achieving the power that the cylinders are capable of though. Duneaddict. Id just port your own cylinder if you have that software bro

Old 05-10-2003, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

I wont be drag racing at all..

Mostly tree runs, trails, plain out having fun. I'm not sure if LRD is using the new style PV but i can check into it. It seems that people have a lot of different opinions about these motors though, I could have the motor re-ported by MP racing up north some for my style of riding.. but im still not sure which motor would be the best for me (power/reliablity)

Old 05-10-2003, 04:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

where u be from?

Old 05-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

In my experience id stick with ESR for sure.Top notch products,and outstanding Customer Service.I have a ESR 370 PV and i absolutelly Love it! late,zubbeyboy

Old 05-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lateralus how did you get in touch with ESR...I tried to order there silencer like wednesday from there website and still haven't heard from them.....?

Old 05-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
where u be from?

I'm from Washington but i go riding at Sandlake, Florence, Winchester, and whenever i go to cali ussually Pismo

Old 05-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KILLER250R
Hey Lateralus how did you get in touch with ESR...I tried to order there silencer like wednesday from there website and still haven't heard from them.....?
I found that ESR dont keep theyre website updated or answer E mail promptly.Your best bet is to call them instead. late,zubbeyboy

Old 05-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well after looking around for a while i decided not to go with ESR, or LRD, or CT.. but instead go with MP racing's 389 Polonda, unbelieble bottom end, and they say it revs like a 250r. I can use a play pipe and a play port running pump gas (with probably some octane booster).. and it cost the same as the ESR 370 kits.. Any one have any thing to say about the Polonda? seen one one?

Old 05-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ive seen that they are slow, and tempermental. Its often times hard to get ahold of dave, especially if your not one of his "buddies". Hahaha good luck with the polonda! your going to need it!

Quick Reply: Best 350 pv motor? LRD, CT, ESR?