Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

What to buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to buy ?

bushwacked, I have been bird hunting once in pullman before. It was so fun, hungarian partrige, quail, chuckar, and pheasants. I couldn't believe how many birds the dog was flushing. Back home I can walk all day and not see anything. You live in a great state. Washington has a little of everything. Elk, deer, birds,ocean, rivers, mountains.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to buy ?

The elk herds are going strong right now. Deer population is down in some areas because of all the cougar except on Vashon Island where deer are everywhere. Guess cougars don't like to swim, got some big cougers too, upwards of 150-200 pounders or more.

The bird population is strong due to the very good spring and dry summer we had but that won't last. Bird populations fluctuate all the time and the farmers spray the fields to kill the grasshoppers and that's what pheasants live on. We do have very good black bear numbers and the ducks and geese are everywhere you look. The mountains are covered with snow right now and the rivers are full of about every kind of fish you can think of. I have been bass fishing in eastern Washington a few times and it's fun to watch the bass fight over which one is going to take the bait, I'm serious about that too! It's hilarious.

Happy hunting..