what quad do you all use for hunting - Page 12 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by John32070 View Post
It was a Kawasaki 200 painted camo (no skin wraps back then) with the extras like front and rear racks and handle bar-mounted gun holder standard. Not sure how long it was produced or how many were made but I'll bet there were a few who got taken in by it. I was happy with my team green unit.
that would be interesting to know how many were built or even still alive today
Old 06-09-2015, 01:02 AM

For a quad, I would not hesitate to get a Honda. Honda is pretty much the standard for Alaska use. I would not get a Polaris - I've had problems with mine that should not have been happening for it's age and mileage. Nothing horrible, just not an easy fix and rather frustrating. And my choice would be a 4WD less than 500cc, in a manual transmission if you can find it. Anything bigger than that, just by a street-legal truck.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

And my choice would be a 4WD less than 500cc, in a manual transmission if you can find it. Anything bigger than that, just by a street-legal truck
Not really , ATV only come in 3 chassis sizes Small ,Mid and full . Its not really about motor displacement.

A example is a Honda 420 Rancher is a Mid chassis and a 475 Foreman/Rubicon is a larger Full chassis even though their displacement are only 55cc apart.

The 500 Suzuki KQ is the same ATV as the 750KQ in every way but motor displacement.

I keep my 500 for camping trips be because its physical larger size allows more room to carry camping gear, not that my 350 does not have the power to carry the same load it just does not have the room to fit the load onto it.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:08 AM

I use Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Diesel. I like its interesting features.