Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

How to get rid of mean wild dog???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get rid of mean wild dog???

Tear up a sponge into 3"- 4" peices, soak them in bacon grease.... set them outside and Bon Appetite...

Old 11-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

All right, I have another fan.

Old 11-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: polarbare21
Tear up a sponge into 3"- 4" peices, soak them in bacon grease.... set them outside and Bon Appetite...
What's it do?

Old 11-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptoryfn660r
Originally posted by: 86LT250RFattywow, Starky you are lucky you live no wear near me (in your hill-billy redneck town) or i would personally beat your *** and leave you their.
86LT250RFatty's BIO: Hi, my names Ben and im 14 years old. Enough said.
Haha...

Old 11-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

The sponge will plug up their intestines and cause them to die a couple weeks later if they are unable to pass it thru. It would be worse or at least as bad as antifreeze.

I prefer 12ga buckshot myself, very very little chance of them running off wounded.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

I dont mean to bring up an old post but Im new to the forum and found this to be a very interesting thread...
First off, I agree with you ALL whole heartedly....heheheh. If an animal is a nuisance, be it wild or not, it should be dealt with appropriately. And that statement is up to interpretation. Personally I would never kill a dog unless it was causing myself or another potential or imminent harm. But if you choose to I have no objections... I find it hard to kill a fox or coyote just because of its resemblance of a dog, but I get over it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ! Ive just always had to much of a respect for the loyalty and admiration a dog can offer, purebred or mutt...They are like no other animals IMO. And no, Im not a softy, I hunt everything from whitetail to bunny wabbits to the occasional barn cat. The only dog Ive ever killed was a mutt my folks got from the pound when I was three. I beleive I was 17 when his hips and back got so bad that he couldnt walk, and began going into seizures in my back yard. That was one of the hardest things Id ever had to do...but I HAD to do it.
Anyway, besides all that rambling the biggest point Id like to make, is that my dog, a 2 yr old red doberman, is part of my family. I would protect him as I would protect my self. This past January I recieved 3 threats on the dog's life over a personal issue with a friend's boyfriend, and you better believe I spent four nights camped out in an unheated garage with no lights and a 12ga to be sure nothing came of it. BTW this guy is now in jail for acting upon a similar threat...
I understand that when a stray or a wild dog or even an unsupervised pet is causing economical or physical damage that extreme measures should be taken to put an end to it. I just think its a shame that someone would destroy or maim a dog because it caused them an inconvenience. Heaven forbid they have to pick up some trash or accidentally walk thru some wild dog dookie...
But hey thats just my .02 and whatever you decide to do about this kind of problem that is your choice and I take no offense to it....None of my dogs will ever roam off my property unsupervised so if someone shoots my dog then they are trespassing and threatening my family and will be dealt with accordingly....

Old 12-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

Call your Animal Control department and they might have a trap you can borrow so you can attempt catching the critter. In my town, you have to leave a deposit of $50 I think, but they will come pickup the trap, with the animal, when it's caught. You may catch some other animals in the process, but that's about the cleanest, and most convenient way of handling it, without breaking any laws.

Old 12-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rancherider....where do ride? Around Tulsa?

Old 04-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Range Rover

do you still have this problem?

Old 04-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

uncle fred says "if your gonna kill it,you better eat it."
just make an encloser for your trash,and animal controll
is a good option.
dont poision,dont.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How to get rid of mean wild dog???