Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

this is one article, i read another that said the guy left after the dispute and came back with a full-auto weapon....

(CNN) -- Sheriff's deputies were investigating the killings of five hunters Sunday in northwestern Wisconsin, apparently sparked by a hunting dispute that turned violent.

Three others were wounded, said Julie Veness, an emergency medical technician in Exeland, Wisconsin.

Saturday was the opening of the nine-day deer season, and the shooting appeared to stem from a dispute over land in the heavily wooded area, Veness said.

"Apparently, the person was asked to leave and get out of his deer stand, and he didn't take it very well and he fired away at them," she said.

A state police official said a man wanted in connection with the shootings has been arrested, but no details were immediately available. The Sawyer County Sheriff's Department, which is investigating the killings, had no comment.

Jennifer Greshowak, a spokeswoman for Lakeview Medical Center in Rice Lake, said three wounded men from the same hunting party were brought to that facility after suffering gunshot wounds. One of the three was transferred to a hospital in nearby Marshfield; one was in surgery Sunday afternoon, while the third was in intensive care, she said.

Veness said the killings have shocked Exeland, a village of 219 people.

"It just doesn't happen in this neck of the woods," she said. "We don't expect any of this to happen."

Old 11-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW......I was really upset when some arsehole stole my buck and cut our stands down, but not upset enough to literally kill someone. Thats a shame.

Old 11-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

How in the hell can someone kill 5 people and wound 3 others without him getting shot?

Old 11-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

Yfz450VsBanshee,
They were all running away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But not fast enough! LMAO
Sorry this is a grave tragedy. Please forgive my thoughtless ness.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

just talked with my mother and listened to the news report, apparently no auto-weapon, typical media bull$hit making up stuff....

anyways, didn't say much on the news....tomorrow the news reports will have the full story....

Old 11-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yfz450VsBanshee
How in the hell can someone kill 5 people and wound 3 others without him getting shot?
thats what the hell i was wondering , its a shame just makes all of us hunter look bad

Old 11-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

If there was that many hunters out there i wouldn't have ran away. They should have shot back. Must of been some damn physco that gets upset fairly easy to do something like that. I guess my mind can't take in how all them people died out there and nobody did anything. I am going to wait until i know the full story before i say anything else.

Old 11-22-2004, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

didn't give the details yet, the hunters that approached may not have been armed....will find out more in tomorrows news...

Old 11-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

I just heard about it on the radio. It made me sick to hear of something like this. I hope the shooter gets the death penalty.

Old 11-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, this a tragedy, but come on, 5 kills and 3 wounded, that's pretty good shootin.

Quick Reply: 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute