Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

quoted from cnn

"The shooting started when two hunters returning to their rural cabin saw the suspect in one of their hunting platforms in a tree, Sawyer County Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle said. The platforms or "tree stands" allow hunters to see deer without being easily seen themselves.

Both of those hunters were wounded and one of them radioed friends at the cabin a quarter-mile away. Other members of their group responded and they also were shot, he said.

"It's absolutely nuts. Why? Over sitting in a tree stand?" asked Zeigle.

Zeigle said the suspect was "chasing after them and killing them," with a SKS 7.62 mm semiautomatic rifle, a common hunting weapon. Wisconsin's statewide deer gun hunting season started Saturday and lasts for nine days.

About 20 shots were fired but it was unclear if any of the hunters had fired at the suspect or who might have shot first, Zeigle said. There was just one gun among the eight people killed or wounded, he said.

The dead included a a teenage boy and a woman, and a father and son, Zeigle said. Some of the victims were shot more than once. All five were from the Rice Lake area, about 15 miles southwest of Birchwood in northwestern Wisconsin, he said.

Authorities found two bodies near each other and the others were scattered over 100 yards."

Old 11-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Im surprized this has not happened many times before. About 20 years someone shot right through the drivers side windshield of our car while we were in the woods. Had anyone been in the car they would have got it in the heart. No one saw anything. You know what the worst part of it is if someone was after you ,you couldnt even get away or hide because of the blaze orange clothing. Your only option would be to shoot it out and really who would be able to react before its to late.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Every news has their story,heres AOL"s http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...21215609990011.

Old 11-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

How do you guys know the guys on the ground weren't being @ss holes to the guy in the tree. Maybe they actually started some shiz with the wrong guy. Ive had somebody shoot in my direction just because I got to a spot on PUBLIC LAND before them. They were saying stuff like "good luck pal, I think ones comming your way". If I could have had a clear shot it could have been me in the news.
I wouldn't be to hasty to judge this story until you hear the whole story.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

doesn't matter how much of a$$holes the guys were on the ground, it was there land....unless they pointed a gun at you, no reason to shoot them....

the recent news reports are that when the guy got down from the stand, he walked off about 40 yards, was messing with his gun, then turned and started shooting....

Old 11-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not saying the guy was justified in what he did, I'm just saying there is probably more to the story than what the NEWS is reporting. Could be the guy was just a sycho anf finally snapped.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

ya, i get what you're saying, there may have been some harsh words....you know how people are about their land and hunting season...I grew up in Wisconsin and took many deer with the rifle and bow, I know how people get about their land up there.....its like going to a Packers and Bears game and being a Bear fan and sitting in the Packer section....good way to get your *** kicked....lol....

Old 11-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

From what I have heard from people I know that live near the area, there is more to this story than is not coming out.

The shooter is a foreigner. These foreigners apparently have a inability to understand the concept of private property. They are notorious about trespassing and acting hostile when confronted about it. The poor guys who chased him out of their tree stand and off their property were unfortunately unarmed. You can bet your *** that in the future those confronting these people will never caught be unarmed again.

Mark my words, the media and the anti-gun scum (one and the same actually) will make all sorts of hay over the SKS "assault rifle". The whole assault rifle issue being BS and the SKS not being an assault rifle even by their BS standards. Facts won't matter. Chucky Schumer will be in front of TV cameras today you just watch. I heard he had an orgasm when he heard about the killings.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

No matter what lead up to the shooting, the guy had to be nuts to start firing at another person. Now if he was shot at first, I could see self defense on the shooter only. No need to kill everyone you see, until your out of shells. From what I've read there was only one gun found with the 8 people that were shot! There is no reasoning for what happened. Having all the facts or not, no-one is going to tell me he was justified in what he did. Now if it were one guy that was killed in a self-defense situation, then maybe. But this m'fer went on a murderous rampage that ended when he was out of shells. Sure accidents happen, but this by far is no accident. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!! Oh yea the sks will get al kinds of media attention, along with the assult weapons ban. Here in Missouri there is a limit of 11 rounds the rifle can carry. 11!!! 5 is to many. How many times do you get 5 shots at one deer?

Old 11-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I got three shots at a deer last season. I wonder if Wisconsin will open a season on Laotians? They call it tourist season, where do I get a tag?

Quick Reply: 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute