Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Treestand stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Treestand stolen!

Dammit! I hate theives! One of my hunting buddies went to use my climbing stand on New years morning and it was gone! Lucky for me they at least left the friggin pull-up rope! Ive had that stand for 5 years and never locked it, now some dirty theives tok off of my own grandfathers property, where Ive hunted all my life! Now I have no climber, no built stands, and I cant find any tree steps locally to put up the King Kong hanger I just bought....Looks like the end of my deer season...Sorry had to vent...

Old 01-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Stuff like that pisses me off....thieves. Someone stole my jet ski out of the back of my truck. I had it locked in the truch with a chain and the truck had a topper....they pryed the topper up, too a bolt cutters and cut the bar, then they cut the lock in the truck....I was racing the Busch World Cup tour at the time, that was the end of that season.

Chances are, whoever stole your climbing stand has been hunting in the area or frequents the area.....might check out who is hanging around the area or anyone your run in to. Bastards....

Old 01-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The person probably lives in the area. How far out was the stand away from houses? Is there a chance they might have hid it in the woods. They might be coming back for it. Unless they had a quad or something to haul it.

I just bought a tree stand and I can't imagine hauling it out by hand. It's just going to be too heavy. Now I have to start thinking about how I'm going to lock it.

There are a lot of jerks out there.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry bout your jetski elkbow...Never lost anything like that to theives. Although I just bought an S-10 that was broken into, about 4 grand worth of stereo and some of his suspension stuff was stolen(airbag suspension), as well as a yellow-top battery. I dont like big stereos anyway, but I need to replace the air valves so I can move the dam thing!
Theres a group of yahoos that hunt the next farm over. They walked by my old man one day with no orange and rifles(shotgun/muzzleloader ONLY in my area). Theres no point in confronting them about it I wont get my stand back....Live and learn I guess. I'll know better next year and buy a cable lock.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would get them back some way or another. I might wait a few years but I'd get them back.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

A few years ago back in Minnesota some guy put up a tree stand on my grandpa's private and POSTED land. Needless to say we look it down and kept it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Would have given it back to the guy if he would have come up and appoligized or something.

Sorry to hear about your stand, good luck finding the guy.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 9c1cap
Sorry bout your jetski elkbow...Never lost anything like that to theives. Although I just bought an S-10 that was broken into, about 4 grand worth of stereo and some of his suspension stuff was stolen(airbag suspension), as well as a yellow-top battery. I dont like big stereos anyway, but I need to replace the air valves so I can move the dam thing!
Theres a group of yahoos that hunt the next farm over. They walked by my old man one day with no orange and rifles(shotgun/muzzleloader ONLY in my area). Theres no point in confronting them about it I wont get my stand back....Live and learn I guess. I'll know better next year and buy a cable lock.
sucks to hear about your truck....about 3 months ago someone tried to steal my F250 Superduty Crew Cab Powerstroke 4x4.....they punched out both locks...broke off something in the passenger side, then went to the drivers side, but my dog heard them....he woke me up, I looked outside, didn't see anyone, didn't see the damage until the morning....I now told my neighbors about it and that from now on I'm just going to give the dog my command I have taught him for a situation like this,,,,I told them if it happens to be them out there to just stay still until I come out....if they run, well then they have to deal with him:

the protector

dave

Old 01-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I knew a guy that had a rottweiler. His neighbor had a new 4 door car for about a day. (An older model with metal flip up door handles. Early 1990's) His rottweiler attacked the car as they drove past and it bit one of the metal door handles right off. When I went over to his house, he had the door handle in hand.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
I knew a guy that had a rottweiler. His neighbor had a new 4 door car for about a day. (An older model with metal flip up door handles. Early 1990's) His rottweiler attacked the car as they drove past and it bit one of the metal door handles right off. When I went over to his house, he had the door handle in hand.
I've heard of them biting through tires before. My Rottie is very well trained. He works purely off of command. He loves people, kids, even dogs....well except for my neighbors Rottweiler/Chow mixed dogs...they're both pretty mean. He is really protective of the house. I don't think he'll bite unless you come into my house without me bringing you in. My house is his house, so he is really protective of it....same thing with my truck, if he rides in the truck, its his.....except for some reason he has no fear or is he agressive towards women....

when i go hunting, he guards the ATV for me;

ATV guard

dave

Old 01-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 2 yr old red Doberman that likes to make a meal of car tires....

Quick Reply: Treestand stolen!