Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deerstand Vandals

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deerstand Vandals

Originally posted by: firemedic5586
A deersatand in North Dokota? How do you work that? A lottery to se who gets to put their stand up in the states one tree? Or do you just strap it to a poweer pole?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
ROTFLMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]..........I was born and raised there..........Have to agree with you on that one!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Pick up one of those trailtimers or whatever they call the device that detects movement and snaps a picture. You should be able to get photos of the people causing the damage.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the stand. Hope you catch them!

Old 11-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider

I am assuming this is on your property, property you have permission to hunt on or public land where stands are legal. If the answers to the above are affirmative then I suggest you learn to tie a noose and hang the SOBs from the nearest tree when you catch them. If you are somewhere without permission then I'd say you got off easy.

A few years back I had a guy hang a treestand on my property no more than 400 yards from my house. I yanked it down off the tree and took it home. The next time he chained it so I took bolt cutters with me and I took that one home too. Had two nice new treestands and two sets of those nifty screw in steps. He then moved on to a neighbors property. Neighbor caught him up in a tree with a climbing stand but the guy refused to get down and told our elderly neighbor to perform sexual intercourse on himself. Neighbor rides off on his wheeler and returns a few minutes later with a chainsaw. He doesn't say a word just starts the saw and proceeds to begin cutting down the tree while the guy is still in his treestand the guy hollered and threw doe pee scent on our neighbor but the old farmer kept cutting. The guy finally decides our neighbor wasn't playing and that evacuating said tree would be the best course of action. Unfortunately he was a bit late and was about 8 ft from the ground when the tree came down. Lucky he didn't get squished. His climber was wrecked and his bow had come apart somewhere in the process of hitting the ground. Guy was seriously pissed and kept hollering and calling our neighbor a crazy old MFer as he ran back to his truck.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Haha thats a good story. We have had trouble with people in the past putting up stands near ours. WE have ours on private property only about 50 yards behind our house. This guy(not even from around here) would come every year and try and put of stands. My dad found him one year in a stand only 20 yards from our own stand. After time and time again of tearing down the stands and laying them at the end of the driveway with NO HUNTING WITHOUT PERMISION written on them he finally got the hint.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: dbeck
Pick up one of those trailtimers or whatever they call the device that detects movement and snaps a picture. You should be able to get photos of the people causing the damage.

Good idea, but these can be stolen as well. If its at night, you can see the flash, if its during the day you can here the shutter. I have found 3 different cameras this way, of course I left them alone, but someone could easily steal the camera, the film, or the memory. Now if you strategicly place one camera about 20' feet in a tree facing another camera on the ground, you will nab your suspect almost every time.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

porcupines?

Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

yup

Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Now that you say it porcupines makes sence.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: CobraR6
Now that you say it porcupines makes sence.

You mean it didn't make sense in his discription in his pics? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Deerstand Vandals