Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Pistol Purchase any input? Glock/ S&W/ Berretta

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006 | 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Pistol Purchase any input? Glock/ S&W/ Berretta

Originally posted by: JCDEYO25Not to bash Glock because I've never owned one but I have heard that they have a tendency to jam when shooting reloads...I'm sure it's a fine weapon but stick with the factory loads
They do much worse than jam. See my above post. Never shoot reloads, remanufactured, lead, copper washed or anything other than standard newly manufactured loads with a Glock. They're an excellent weapon but have their peculiarities that you have to deal with. I've put thousands of rounds through my Glock model 21 .45 and trust my life to it but it has some special care and feeding requirements one has to be aware of.

Old 06-30-2006 | 05:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

QUOTE by bubba123: Ruger P series is still cheap, built sturdy, shoots nice groups, and doesn't jam. You can get them for next to nothing at a sporting goods shop. Read the magazine reviews. Out of the box they were as impressed with it as guns costing twice as much. I have had a HK, Colt, and a Ruger and for bang for the buck, the Ruger will always be next to my nightstand. (in .40)

I have or have had several Rugers, and all have been very reliable. My most recent purchases are the 12 gage Rugar Red Label O/U (engraved), .22 competition w/ slab barrel, and a KP89 stainless (9mm). I have been very happy with them, and if the grip isn't right there are plenty of after market handgrips out there.

Old 07-02-2006 | 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a dimes worth! I own several hanguns,aBrowning BDM 9 mm 16 shot capacity.A Springfield Armory 45 cal. witha 14rnd cap. and a Beretta 92f. I purchase all these handguns new,and I would like to say that the Browning is the best.The Springfiels is a 45 "Tactical"and is a great gun also.The Berretta stays in the safe....my son was a Navy Pilot,and he swapped his 45 colt issue for a Glock 17 that he purchased for him self. He liked the extra ammo capacity. I surely like the Springfield 45 .Mine is the new XD45.The safety features are great.........

Old 07-02-2006 | 07:12 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well I am 99.99999% sure I have made my final decision. I am going with the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. I am going to order it with the Trijicon Night sights, so it will have them from the start. I am really impressed with the overall feel of this gun, and my friend highly reccomends it. I am going to order it from him as soon as I get paid from my last few jobs I have done. I will let you all know how it shoots and what I think of it. I am really excited about getting the Trijicon sights. Another buddy of mine has them on his Glock, and they are awsome. Lol, I am going to go broke the first week I have it from buying ammo for the thing. It sure will be fun though. I am planning on joining IDPA once I get it. They meet once a month at the sportmans club and have shoots. I know a bunch of guys who shoot IDPA, so it should be a good time going out and shooting with them. Thanks for all the input.

Old 07-02-2006 | 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Does the S&W internally mount a Lasermax sight or is it too new?

Old 07-02-2006 | 11:01 PM
|
Pro Rider

I am not sure. It might be too new. I know you cannot buy sights for it aftermarket. Thats why I am buying it with the Trijicons from the factory, because no one sells them aftermarket. I will ask my buddy though next time I see him and let you know. A good place to check would be www.gunbroker.com. I am sure though if you give it some time they will have one out. I too am interested in puting one in my gun, but will not be able to afford it for some time, so I do not have to worry about it.

Old 07-02-2006 | 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

I want buy anything from S&W because the way they caved in under the gun control crowd!

Old 07-02-2006 | 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

I am a member of gunbroker.com, it's like an ebay for guns. It's a great site, you can find just about anything. www.topglock.com is a good site for glocks and their parts. They also sell stuff for many other guns, it's worth checking out.

Old 07-02-2006 | 11:44 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
I am a member of gunbroker.com, it's like an ebay for guns. It's a great site, you can find just about anything. www.topglock.com is a good site for glocks and their parts. They also sell stuff for many other guns, it's worth checking out.
[Gun Broker is an awsome sight. I went to the NRA member show a few years ago when it was in Pittsburgh, and I found out about GB there. On a side note though if you ever have the opportunity to go to one of the NRA exibits that they hold each year, GO! You can litterally find everything there, it was awsome. I think it is in Cincinatie this year, or this next year. Its a 6 hour drive for us, but I am hoping to be able to make the trip. It will be worth it.

Old 07-03-2006 | 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

pwillie, the current S+W is not the same company that caved into the gun grabbers. The new owner bought it from the british company that made the deals with the clinton adm. It is perfectly o.k. to buy from this American owned company again. Not only that they are producing innovative and quality products once again. R6 I bought the first m+p I got my hands on and I really like it, mines in .40, but I'm sure it will perform the same, which is very well. The adjustable grip size and shape is really cool, everyone who trys that out likes the idea.

Quick Reply: Pistol Purchase any input? Glock/ S&W/ Berretta