Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Pistol Purchase any input? Glock/ S&W/ Berretta

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006 | 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Pistol Purchase any input? Glock/ S&W/ Berretta

Originally posted by: ostrich
pwillie, the current S+W is not the same company that caved into the gun grabbers. The new owner bought it from the british company that made the deals with the clinton adm. It is perfectly o.k. to buy from this American owned company again. Not only that they are producing innovative and quality products once again. R6 I bought the first m+p I got my hands on and I really like it, mines in .40, but I'm sure it will perform the same, which is very well. The adjustable grip size and shape is really cool, everyone who trys that out likes the idea.

Saf-T-Hammer Corporation, the US firm who purchased S&W from UK-based Tomkins PLC, formally announced the S&W deal signed with the U.S. Departments of Treasury, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and local and state governments is set in stone and not affected by any change in ownership. That's the reason Saf-T-Hammer paid $15-million for what was a $112-million dollar asset. Ruger was offered S&W but wouldn't touch it at any price because of that gun owner restrictive agreement.

That shouldn't affect the quality of their new polymer piece, but S&W's still in bed with the feds on gun control.

Old 07-03-2006 | 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Lots of excellent comments on this thread. Been watching it and enjoying the give and take. I would add this. I have never owned an autoloader that did not, at some point, jam. I have never had a wheel gun fail me. I use a wheel gun when it matters and shoot the 9's for fun. My wife has found the same to be true and keeps a Ladysmith in her purse.

Just my opinion but it's what works for me.

Old 07-03-2006 | 11:40 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tencubed
Lots of excellent comments on this thread. Been watching it and enjoying the give and take. I would add this. I have never owned an autoloader that did not, at some point, jam. I have never had a wheel gun fail me. I use a wheel gun when it matters and shoot the 9's for fun. My wife has found the same to be true and keeps a Ladysmith in her purse.

Just my opinion but it's what works for me.

I know alot of people that would agree with you. One of my Paps friends has a .357 mag revolver with a 5 shot cylinder in it. It is an excellent pistol for concealed carry, and packs a punch.

Old 07-03-2006 | 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to know the straight skinny on S&W....About the revolvers, I have had them jam or lock up on occasion.Dirt mud etc,worn parts all have an affect on all mechanical guns.For personal protection I like a revolver,light weight that will fit in your pocket.S&W airweight comes to mind,38 special.Home protection, a shot gun.Hunting,I like my Ruger 44 mag.Side arm in a conflict,I would like a 45 Springfield XD45 tactical. I think John Browning built the finest in his 9mm Highpower.I don't like the Glock safety as well as Springfields.I also use Gunbroker.com as well as Gunsamerica.com and Auctionarms.com all are good sites for quality goods.I f you want to buy high end scopes try eurooptics.com I am bought several scopes and spotting scopes from this guy and am well satisfied.

Old 07-05-2006 | 07:11 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well, I just ordered it today, and it should be here on friday. I ordered the M&P without internal safty and mag lock. I did not opt for the night sights, because they are technically unneeded. I will buy some ammo and a holster wtih the 75 bucks i saved. I am VERY pleased with my purchase, and friday could not come fast enough. THanks for all your input!

Old 07-07-2006 | 11:55 PM
|
Pro Rider

Picked her up tonight! Havnt got to shoot it yet, but have dry fired it plenty lol. I am loving the palmswell grips, found one that fits my hand great! The Novak sights are awsome! Very pleased with my purchase so far. Ill be up bright and early tomorow to shoot her though!

Old 07-08-2006 | 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

You may want to try a USP.

Old 07-08-2006 | 12:53 PM
|
Pro Rider

Welp had her out today for a little bit, and I think I'm in love! lol. She shoot great, better than me infact[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. I'll have to start practicing now before I do any shooting in public lol. Hoping to put a few more rounds through her later on in the day....then off to buy some more ammo haha. Again thanks for the input!

Old 07-08-2006 | 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats man, we'll have to get together and do a little shooting. I'm going to get that 3-06 though, the new one, not the used. $280 aint bad, so next week I'll be able to get her. Oh and I got a story to tell you about trying to find a record player today. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2006 | 10:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ginnis
Congrats man, we'll have to get together and do a little shooting. I'm going to get that 3-06 though, the new one, not the used. $280 aint bad, so next week I'll be able to get her. Oh and I got a story to tell you about trying to find a record player today. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Yes sir! Sounds like a plan. Hurry up and buy that sucker so we can go! haha

Quick Reply: Pistol Purchase any input? Glock/ S&W/ Berretta