Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?

Its morons like this that make us responsible people pay for insurance out the ****. Man, I cannot imagine Moto really putting his thoughts down on this thread. Have more common sense ...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 01:52 AM
Range Rover
Location: Central Valley Ca 1.5 hr to the Sierra Mts & 2 hrs to Pismo Beach
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i did not know i was going to start a war about DUI
I was just looking for some ideas of what to take besides BEER

Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

Don't get me wrong .. a beer or two (depending on your tolerance level) over time while stopped @ trailside is OK. Like stopping in for a quick beer to a bar on your way home from work with the guys.

A buddy of mine also carries a collapsable shovel which comes in handy at times (like when you need to bury your DUI friends after they've killed themselves on their quads drunk driving [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]) Sorry .. couldn't resist that one. But seriously, the shovel does come in handy for digging out and such.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAN, Moto150 ,because he goes out and drinks and rides ,Darwin is going to catch up to you really soon ,
I thought your threads on some of your other post were goofy but this tops them all .
The best thing we can do here fellow posters is ignor the silly ramblins of Moto150 .

Motion proposed we all ignor Moto150 ,

Old 11-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

After this post, I'll ignore him.

But guys.... I think maybe moto is drunk when he is posting these reply's.
No grown, responsible man, would ever say anything of the sort of what he has said.
"Real men aren't afraid to come home to their wives drunk" PPSSSSSSHHH!!!!! You aren't scared to do anything when you are drunk first of all, and second of all, it is NOT manly to come home to your wife and/or kids drunk. It is irresponsible. Moto... you really need to get some help on the common sense part of life.

Sorry for flaming, but I think he deserves it.

From now on, I am not paying attention to ANY of moto's comments. He disgusts me.

Zach

Old 11-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

I seen a 69 year old guy..... on one of them cop shows get a DUI driving a lawn tractor at about 2 miles and hour and then feel off sideways to the ground before the officer even got to him......F150 are you one of them guys that has LOTS" of beer caps in the back bed of your truck also........Just asking............caper...........

Old 11-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Back to the real question ....I forgot...........Now that there is not much day-light.........I carry one of those 12 volt plug-in/ chargable spotlights......Most ATV's have 12 volt outlet now.........caper............Bye the way when did Polaris start putting these 12 volt outlets on there quads........Thanks.......There some triva for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......caper........My wifes Atv has A tube of those wet-wipes.....The come in handy ........

Old 11-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150
beer, I ride with a group of guys that all carry a giant cooler filled with beer, I swear every 5 mins of riding they stop to drink beer, then when they finish all the beer we take the back roads to an outta the way bar and drink more beer. Tell me? Does life get any better than when you can use back roads and a trail and ride ur ATV to a bar then get totally knocked out drunk then ride ur ATV home without worring about getting a DUI and losing ur drivers licence? If ur ATV breaks down or gets stuck you won't care cause ur too drunk to care about anything.
man i cant believe imissed this one, dude you are nuts,let me tell you from someone who seen a guy get killed on a snomobile,the guy was drunk as can be hiy a ditch between two potato fields doing 80mph my b uddy did cpr on him couldnt get air down,you wanna know why, he swalloed is false teeth from the impact, his story 55 years old just retired, 14 year old daughter,and a wife.....and who did it hurt?

back in my days when i was crazy every year we would goto eagle river wi, for the derby.one year 1st day there it was 40 below wind chill we decide not to ride so we sat at the bar from 2pm to midnight got hammered we dicide to ride the lake ( was that stupid) i ended up missing my turn off the lake to the cabin well i hit the channel between the 2 lakes and through the ice i went, no one seen it happen, luckily i was able to get out and make to the cabin, the next day we spent 2 hours getting my sled out, the sled was junk 3k later tofix it all up.

having a beer ot two is fine but to brag about going out and getting hammered a driving you atv home on the back roads is compltely stupid,you have a family, kids, guess it wouldnt hurt them would it.

luckily i grew up after that real quik, i have a family so i got smart real fast. if your gonna do stuff like that dont brag about it.

its to bad the irresponsible people in this sport give us all a bad rap!

Old 11-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MotoF150
I was talking about it does nobody any harm when a drunk is riding his ATV offroad, thru the woods. What do you guys care if he wrecks if he only did harm to himself? I thought some of you guys were fun, not sticks in the mud.

What do I care?????????????????????? What are you, some kind of moron?????????????????? I, and several thousand other Fire/EMS responders are the ones who have to get up in the middle of the night (or day for that matter), conduct a search in those woods for hours on end, in ALL kinds of weather, call in Mutual Aid from neighboring FD's to help or cover our station while we are out looking for your sorry a$$, that is now splattered against a rock or tree. Now, we have to risk OUR lives to go in there and get you out.....maybe then we have to call in a helicopter in bad weather, putting THEIR lives in jeopardy. Now, let's call in the Trauma Team at the Hospital; hopefully, they will not get in an accident in bad weather on the way in. The cycle goes on and on. Just because YOU and your "real men" just gotta have one more beer. Brilliant.

That's why there should be laws & licenses on who CAN breed and who CAN'T.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.........

I agree with the earlier post......just ignore this putz. Maybe the Moderator should ban him.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, he should.
He posts the most stupid posts on this whole forum!

Quick Reply: List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?