Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Gas Additive

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007 | 11:59 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Gas Additive

Has anyone used any of the gasoline additive in their four wheelers?

Old 10-24-2007 | 12:50 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Gas Additive

There is only one that you need, SeaFoam. It cleans the entire system, and best of all it also acts as a fuel stabalizer so if you don't ride your ATV for extended periods of time it keeps the gas good. I use it in EVERY engine I have, including two strokes. I never have to drain the carbs on my snowmobile or lawnmower, and each will start right up every year. You can find it almost anywhere, around $5-7 a can. 1 can will last you 4 tanks of gas in your ATV too.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2007 | 12:52 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default Gas Additive

Nos[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2007 | 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Additive

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Catterman

There is only one that you need, SeaFoam. It cleans the entire system, and best of all it also acts as a fuel stabalizer so if you don't ride your ATV for extended periods of time it keeps the gas good. I use it in EVERY engine I have, including two strokes. I never have to drain the carbs on my snowmobile or lawnmower, and each will start right up every year. You can find it almost anywhere, around $5-7 a can. 1 can will last you 4 tanks of gas in your ATV too.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I agree......very good stuff!!

Old 11-11-2007 | 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Additive

Sea Foam all u need

Old 11-27-2007 | 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Additive

I have had many problems with our current high priced gas (notice I did not say high quality gas). SeaFoam has kept them all from coming back. Although I use a whole less that Catterman. 4 tanks per can? yikes! I don't know how many tanks because I use it in 4 different machines with different size tanks. I usually get two tanks in each machine per bottle as a guess.

SJ

Old 11-29-2007 | 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Additive

how much is a good amount

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gas Additive

How about Stab-bil? That's what I just started using. I just put it in my tank for the first time a few days ago. If you have any comments on it let me know.

Old 11-30-2007 | 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Additive

I believe a pint of Seafoam can be used to treat 8-25 gallons.

You can also get the seafoam in a gallon can but it is a special order from a parts store (nearly $70).

sj

Old 11-30-2007 | 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gas Additive

You asked so following are the fuel additives that I use:

I use Stab-Bil in all my Gas Powered Cars, Motorcycles, Fork Lift, etc plus in my Log Splitter, Chain Saws, Emergency Generators, etc. I've let one of my Generators go for 10+ years and it started on the first try.

The automotive fuels of today go stale after a month or so and the varnish build-up in the fuel system is pretty much prevented with Stab-Bil.

For my Diesel Powered Trucks I treat my Diesel Fuel with Stanadyne Performance Formula Diesel Fuel Additive. One of my homes is located at 8,000' in the Rockies and I have not had starting or gelling problems even when the temps have dropped to minus 25 degrees F while using Stanadyne Performance Formula Diesel Fuel Additive.

I treat my Jet Fuel powered Airplanes and Helicopters with Prist, a Biocide Additive to combat Microbiological Growths in the Jet Fuel and also to control Fuel Icing. Aviation Avgas that I use in my gas powered Airplanes and Helicopters lasts for about a year before going stale.

Everything mentioned above has treated my extremely well over the years!!

Jim

Quick Reply: Gas Additive