Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

ultimate polaris atv for hunting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultimate polaris atv for hunting!!!

ya that would be pretty sweet
imagnie those in the winter! it would go through anything

Old 08-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know how well the tracks work on the IRS 6x6, but on the old SRA 6x6 you could go places the WWII half-track truck couldn't.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Trailblazer

you could put ski's on but just dont ever put it in awd
haha

Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
FOG
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

the only way I can legally use an ATV for hunting on public land is to shoot a deer or bear then use the ATV to bring it back to the nearest road or trail at 5 mph..</end quote></div>

jumbo,that may very well be true in Michigan...IF.....you' are NOT on BLM or National Forest land...both those 'areas' prohibit ANY vehicular traffic EXCEPT on designated roadways.....even for retrieving game........
that really sucks for us old,poor-health dudes!
Just thought I'd give you a heads up.....
Dana in Montana

Old 09-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the upper penninsula you can ride down forest roads if they aren't posted closed, but in the lower penninsula you can only ride on trails that are posted open. Weird, huh? I thought the rule for dragging deer and bear back to the road was the same for the whole state. If you can't leave the road in national forests that sucks since there are several of them. One is almost a million acres by itself. That's a lot of land off limits.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 PM
FOG
Weekend Warrior

yeah,we have the tree huggers and leaf lovers to thank for it.............AND those idiots on ATV's that go out and just tear things all to hell just for the fun of it...
best
Dana

Old 01-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is my perfect set up. 2004.5 Sportsman 500, gun racks, saddle bags, and camo, and deer on the back! The last pic is my hunting truck with my atv. note to self, dont spend more money on beer than you do paint when you think you can paint your truck camo with a roller and 3 quarts of paint!
Name:  IM000514.jpg
Views: 5091
Size:  158.9 KB Name:  IM000466.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  95.4 KB
Name:  100_2919.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  101.9 KB

Old 01-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Nice pics, but the truck is hilarious. I always think its great when the machine your pulling is worth more than the vehicle pulling it. Nice buck.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, I've been admiring the advantages of the X2 with the built in extra seat. Please tell us how you like it, how does it handle with a passenger, etc. Although here in Colorado the regulations are against carrying riders, evidently a passenger, at least in some places, is tolerated if the ATV is so equipped as long as it meets the 50" or less wheelbase restriction. Can you tell me of your experience if you've ever been checked by someone in the woods?

Also, I wonder also about the extra seat incorporated in back storage rack add-ons, like those made by MadDog and sold by Cabelas, if anyone has any experiences they can relate about using them in the woods to carry a passenger? At low trail speeds they look safe enuff. Thanks for any and all input, regards.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

ok, in my opinion i would never buy a polaris but its your choice, i would definitly NEVER buy an 09 polaris, when they say they changed everything they mean it, they dont no how it will last, it could be terrible id wait a few years get an 05 or newer polaris but not 09, its like this they(polaris)spent so much time tryin to get quality better and they r chaching up but now they have destryed all there progress and now they dont no if it will be good or bad

Quick Reply: ultimate polaris atv for hunting!!!