Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Kawasaki 2000 treestand rack

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone reccomend a treestand rack for my Kawasaki Prairie 2000 400 4x4? Especially one that does not require any special drilling or mounting? Thanks guys

Old 03-06-2001, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

stymie,

check out Cabelas. they have two racks that fit all atvs. the prices range from 54.99 to 59.99 the latter requires an extra mounting kit for use on composite racks (19.99). check out www.cabelas.com go to atv accessories-luggage rack and rack extensions-treestand rack.

texascat

Old 03-07-2001, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

I would watch out on the mounting of these things. I've been using one (yahoo totem) for four years and can say that They take a lot of abuse. I mounted one on my 97 praries steel racks, then when I upgraded quads to the 99 prarie I swapped rear racks so that I could still use the tree stand carrier and gun boot on my steel racks.
I don't see how you could mount one sturdy enough to take trail abuse without drilling through the composite racks in order to get to the subframe.
When you load up a full size climber, the bouncing effect of the ride jars the whole assembly around pretty good. Make sure you bungee cord the stand down to the racks after putting it in the carrier.

Old 03-07-2001, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

tex - I just ordered and received the treestand rack from cabelas - I ordered the model made for composite racks, however, it does not fit or come close. On the package it has a sticker saying that it is made for Polaris sportsman 500's. However, you mention that there is some kind of kit necessary to adapt this to composite racks - where can I get this kit?

Old 03-07-2001, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tex - after visiting cabelas.com, I see the model that you are talking about, an it is totally different from the one I bought. I bought the "treesatnd buddy" which they advertise in their catalogs (specifically spring 2001). Anyway, I called their product techs and it appears that the "treestand buddy" will not work, however, this other stand will work for my atv. Do you use a treestand carrier on your quad? How do you like it? Does it rattle a lot? And do you ever worry about getting it caught in some branches and ripping it off?

Old 03-08-2001, 11:30 PM
MNT
Pro Rider

http://www.prohuntproducts.com/

Their TOTEM carrier is STRONG.

Old 03-09-2001, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

stymie,

no i don't have one but, seeing as how i always read the cabelas catalog while on the can, i read your post and knew immediately where to find what you were looking for.

texascat

Old 03-21-2001, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

I have been thinking about getting the totem for about a year now. I have one question for you. With both top and bottom folded up against the rear rack of the atv, how far does the carrier stick out form the back rack? I need to know because in order to haul around my atv, I have to back it into the bed of my pickup truck. I have about four inches between the rear rack and my back window, So, if it sticks out that far, it would probably go eight through my rear window if I hit a bump. I have been looking everywhere I go to see one of these carriers in person, but have not been able to find anyone that has purchased on, or a dealer that carries them in stock. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-22-2001, 08:59 AM
MNT
Pro Rider

I don't have mine mounted right now to exactly measure but, I'd say it sticks out 2 - 3 inches. Closer to 2 inches. The tubes I believe are 1 1/2 inches and about 1/2 inch for the bracket. Could always return it I guess. I'll email ya a couple pics.

Old 03-22-2001, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer

That would be great! It looks like a great product and I really hope it will work out for me.

I was checking on prices for the Totem, and couldn't beleieve the differences. The mfg. website wanted $119 and Basspro only charged $80. Shouldn't it be cheaper to get from the people that make it? Anyway, I am going to order it today, after hearing your reply. Thanks for the info and good luck this year hunting.

Spring Turkey season is just around the corner for us. How about you, any plans for hunting trips in the near future?

Quick Reply: Kawasaki 2000 treestand rack