Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

portable tree stand's

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was wondering what every body's first choice would be for there favorite tree stand i use a few baby grand's but i am considering a climber. but in put from both model's would be appreciated.
todd
99 grizzly
02 sx viper
99 dodge ram slt
01 dodge ram ex cab slt

Old 10-16-2001, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

We use Treelounges,I think they are the best & safest made.But you know everyone has a opinion.We quit useing lock down stands about 3 years ago.A freind of my son fell out of a lock down while getting out of it last week & broke his arm in 5 places,lucky thats all.The doc's said more than likeley he won't be able to use a compound again.Be safe all & good luck.Daryl

Old 10-17-2001, 03:47 AM
Range Rover

The treelounge is definitely the cats a** in the world of tree stands. Like hunting out of a recliner. My hunting partner has one. The only down side is the price, but well worth it if you want to sit sun-up to sun-down. I use a Warren & Sweat climber. Very comfortable, stable, lightweight, easy setup/breakdown, and cheap. Some models offer footrests and shooting rests. Thats more stuff to haul in/haul out, setup/breakdown. Use your judgement. Keep it simple.

Old 10-18-2001, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys,
I'm new to this site. I have been looking for
a new site for atv'ers. Any advice for a newbie?

As for stands, I've had three. All were made by
Ol'Man. The grand vision is the best. It's great
as far as ease of use and it's quietness. I like
it so much I recently bought a ladder type stand
from them. It's called the Ol' Timer. Talk about
a comfortable stand.

Old 10-20-2001, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

I never have gotten comfortable with the safety in using a tree climbing stand and use the three-piece ladder stands instead. You can also buy several for the price on one climbing stand. I made a simple carrier that sits atop my read rack to stack the three sections and top. I'll keep several out during the season at various places and move them only when spots grow cold.

Old 10-22-2001, 05:54 AM
Pro Rider

I have a ladder stand it I find it kinda of difficult to get into, does anyone have anytips. I also feel kinda unstable when I'm in it.
My friend has a tree lounger and it is comfortable as hell but it's kind of heavy and it takes a few minutes to put together.

Old 11-01-2001, 06:04 AM
Trailblazer

I use ladder stands. Very easy to get in and out. I have a fused ankle and don't climb the trees too well. My ladder stands are 5 piece, easy to transport on the 4wheeler.

Old 11-01-2001, 07:21 AM
Pro Rider

I figured out why my stand was so hard to get into!
I had the foot rest on backwards, this made the foot rest stick out and nearly impossible to get into.

Old 11-01-2001, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

I also use a ladder stand now, I took a spill a few years back while climbing up a wet tree. I thought...i'll just go up 1 more foot. Funny it seemed like it took a long time to hit the ground. After a while I got my bearings back and walked/stumbled out of the woods, bruised but not broken. Sold the climber and went to a ladder stand. These days u can pick them up for a very reasonable price. I know there less mobile but for me its a permanent stand from now on. Best of luck to all u hunters and be safe. bob

Old 11-01-2001, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

N.Y.scrambler, sorry to hear about your fall. So far the ladder stands have been pretty safe for me. I always use my full body harness when i'm in the stand. I like to keep my cellphone handy incase I have a major problem. Any other ideas on safety in the stands?

Quick Reply: portable tree stand's