Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

GUN CONTROL

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2000, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cowboy you hit the nail on the head. In this forum, or even in hunting, politics, religion and the like we may fuss and fume, having favorites and ragging on the others, but if we would just put aside our differences and embrace the common we would be so very much more effective.

One voice is hard to hear over the noise of the few, but together it sounds as a choir and can be heard for miles.

Stick together and we'll all be the happier.

Old 04-06-2000, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

ok, i just think that the government needs to stop disarming the people who go by the law and start enforcing the hundreds of gun control laws they already have. Another thing is that if they do decide an dtake away handguns and even go a step farther and ban rifle's that they will have one hell of alot of people very pissed at the government. thats just my opinioon i dunno bout u all

Old 08-28-2000, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Why don't the liberals just make it illegal to murder somebody? Then they could save a lot of trouble by not having to go after guns, knives, baseball bats (especially the aluminum 'assault style' bats), pointy sticks, & so on!!! Wouldn't one law be better than 100? Or how about some real punishment for the person who pulls the trigger?
Sad but true: In one state (I wish I could remember which one) there is a 10 year max sentence for spousal abuse, but a 25 year max penalty for wrestling a bear! Seems some animal rights activists got the law passed when a Russian circus had a de-clawed bear people could wrestle for a few bucks. But if you look at it another way, you could beat up your spouse 2 1/2 times before you did anything as bad as wrestle a bear. Makes no sense to me

Old 08-28-2000, 07:44 PM
Range Rover

While the NRA and Gun Owners Of America differ on some things, they both deserve our support. Politicians look at membership no's. Ask guys in Great Britain and Australia if they wish they'd had a 2nd Amendment and an NRA to fight for it.
One question we have to seriously ponder--how far would you be willing to go to resist an attempt to confiscate your guns? If the BATF showed up at your door with a phony piece of paper demanding all your firearms (and with Clinton-Gore's contempt of the law, they know) what would be your reaction? Many people have given all to protect that document drawn up over 200 years ago.
Point is this--they have to believe enough people view the Constitution as worth fighting for . Does that mean making a stand at your house, or taking to the hills, or burying your stuff out in the sticks, in effect giving them the finger and thereby going to prison and hoping the political climate will change before you get too old? And what about your family? And you might view having to hide your guns out of reach is a kind of surrender anyway.
I think even if Bush is elected the pressure from the media and the internationalists to disarm the US citizenry will be unrelenting. Contrived "incidents" involving guns will continue and increase, and the media's refusal to print the truth about "gun violence" will continue.
Above all, don't believe these people simply must be shown all the statistics in our favor and they'll repent. They know, and they don't care. Reducing crime is not their concern--taking away this form of power from the American people is. Given the importance of that right to all those who have sacrificed everything for it the last 200+ years, how much does it mean to us?

Old 09-01-2000, 03:40 AM
Range Rover

I'm glad someone brought this topic back from the archives. I don't know about other areas of the country but here in Utah I really feel that the majority of the people wouldn't stand by for one minute and watch guns confiscated from "Ordinary citizens". We've all heard the saying- "They'll pry my gun from my cold dead hands" I really believe and hope that if push comes to shove that this would hold true.

I work with and know several Law Enforcement officers and every single one of them I've talked with feels the same way I do - Punish the criminals, enforce the laws and leave the law abiding citizens alone. These guys must go absolutely nuts when they arrest some dirt bag over and over, only to have Judges or the " Criminal INJUSTICE system " turn them loose.

I found it kind of funny that the FBI just released it's newest statistics on violent crime for last year and they were the lowest in over a decade. If this is true then why is gun control such an issue?

My own theory as to why violent crime is down is because several states including Utah have passed laws that allow law abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons. Think about it for a minute, if your a criminal and there's a chance you may encounter someone that may be armed or someone that is unarmed, which would you pick? If I remember correctly, Washington D.C. has the strictist gun control laws in the nation and also the highest violent crime right, Hum??

Sorry for rambling but I have one more thing to say. If you haven't seen the movie the Patriot, I suggest you do. It's not the greatest acting, ect.. but it really hits home how much our Founding Fathers sacrificed to give us the freedoms we now enjoy and the freedoms that are slowly eroding away. I said it before and I'll say it again- Our constitution has no backbone without our second ammendment rights and we need to stand up for those rights, right now. Write your Congressmen, vote this November, join the NRA. Please don't sit back and think that others will carry the fight for us, it's up to all of us and this may be our last chance.

Old 09-01-2000, 05:54 AM
Pro Rider

Foreman:
Glad you spoke up, you're exactly right. Thanks for reminding me too, my membership expired last month and I hadn't renewed it yet. Speaking of which, anybody seen the August 2000 edition of American Hunter-Official Journal of the National Rifle Association of America? Nice little article entitled "Texas Concealed Handgun Carriers Are Law Abiding Public Benefactors". Great little article, also stating Aggravated Assaults Down 7%, Rape Down 5%, Murder Down 8.5%. I'd like to see just how the Gores of the world justify this kind of data when they say guns are so bad. Looks to me like giving the honest people what they want-their guns-will actually lower crime rates, what a coincedence! Gee, I never would have thought...

Come on people, lets get together and make it happen! If Gore is elected, atv's will be next. Not only will we loose our guns, we'll loose our right to ride as well. Oh and yes, I did renew my membership to the NRA earlier today, thanks again for reminding me!

Mike

Old 09-01-2000, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

As a proud Texan, I'm glad to see the stats have come out. Even though George W. doesn't have the longest political track record, he does have a good history of supporting some nationally unpopular firearm issues (ie Concealed Carry Laws). I'm ready for a president that isn't afraid to take a stand against some liberal views. I realize TX is sometimes a laughing stock because of this (using the death penalty constantly, carry laws), but it's because our citizens are sick of all the BS. The rest of the nation could use a dose of this in my opinion. A very good friend of mine lost her father due to violent crime (the trial is just now wrapping up) and it gives you a whole new perspective on the death penalty and the right to carry concealed weapons. Anyway, sorry about the soap box. Also, I didn't mean to stray so far off of the subject. I'm just glad the statistics are showing that carry laws and not being afraid to use capital punishment have some effect. My .02 - KAL

Old 09-01-2000, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to add one other thing. In my neighborhood, I can only think of one household I know of personally without a gun in it. A tornado took the house & gun safe with it & they haven't got another. To make a long stor short, there has only been 1 murder within 15 miles of where we live that anyone can remember. Happened over 50 years ago & when the hoodlum broke loose from the sherriff he was sure glad to have an armed possee to help find the guy. Took only 15 minutes to get together.
Farmr from Nebraska. The only state Klinton never visited & DARN PROUD of it.

Old 09-01-2000, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Another good point. Why in the hell would you want to go break into somebodies house or start some criminal act against them when you know full all out well they've got Mr. Smith to back them up? Come on Gore, think about it!

I think old CDB said it best: "I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive!"

What about: "I ain't nothin but a simple man, they call me a redneck I reckon that I am but there's things goin' on that make me mad down to the core..."

Gore-you want my guns, come take my guns. Think you're man enough to do it, I'm damn strait man enough to stop ya! JUST BRING IT!

Mike

Old 09-01-2000, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Just saw a bumper sticker I think I should get. It says "My guns killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car" It would look good next to my "AL GORE is a risky scheme" one.
No point to the message, really, just thought somebody might ket a kick out of it.

Quick Reply: GUN CONTROL