Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

GUN CONTROL

Old 09-01-2000, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When it comes time to vote, just remember that "He's Clinton to the Gore"

Ride safe and hunt smart!

Old 09-03-2000, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

First, let me say that I agree with all that has been said here, I had an interesting thought though, do any of you guys have friends or relatives that are in Law Enforcement? From my experience, all of the cops, deputies, sheriffs, Game Wardens & others that I have had this conversation with agree with the way I (we) think. The liberals like to try to make unsuspecting people believe cops don't like good citizens to have guns, but I know differently. The cops don't want criminals to have better arms than them, but mostly support any other gun ownership. In Missouri, we had the first public vote ever (can't remember exactly when, last spring I think) on concealed weapons permits, unfortunately the liberals fooled enough people & there was a low turnout and the measure was barely defeated (by a very slim margin). It has been a while ago so I don't remember the exact #s, but it was very interesting to hear the liberals lie through their teeth about the facts & then to see who actually supported the measure. Maybe we'll get the chance to vote on it agin, I know I'll be first in line at the ballot box! Lance

Old 09-03-2000, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

I remember seeing the results of a survey that was taken from people serving time in prison. It found that the average convict is more afraid of the armed citizen than the armed Law Officer.

The real problem as I see it is that all too often, the opinions of the masses do not agree with the officials who often lead them. For example, while labor officials might openly support a Democratic candidate, the majority of a union's members may actually agree more with the Republican stance. In my opinion, the blame goes squarely on the media who have the power to promote their own agenda. For example, most Americans have a negative view towards homosexuality. Still, because of the power of the press, few elected are willing to express their agreement.

Old 09-08-2000, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer

I beleive it was 'Ol hank Jr. who said "I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive, and a country boy can survive".

Old 09-09-2000, 03:41 AM
Trailblazer

WHEN THEY COME FOR YOUR GUNS GIVE EM THE AMMO FIRST!

Old 09-09-2000, 03:47 AM
Trailblazer

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! SO HERES THE LATEST!
Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2000 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.
The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate
homepage.
<http://www.senate.gov/> http://www.senate.gov/
You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number. (SB-2099)
Please tell every gun owner you know about this to help STOP this bill!
signed, your redneck brother,
NEWBLUEYAMAHA

WHEN THEY COME FOR YOUR GUNS GIVE EM THE AMMO FIRST!

Old 09-10-2000, 01:55 AM
Range Rover

I just bought a hand gun a few weeks ago.You would not beleave the crap you have to go thru here in California.It seems like the tests the card the background check and all the extras cost just as much as the gun.I understand the rules and regulations and all,but i also see all the extra charges as a way to just dig deeper in the pocket......BOB

Old 09-10-2000, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

King:
So what did ya get? Hope it shoots well for ya. If you haven't already, you should get a cpl too, just for added safety-to please the cops. That way you won't get in trouble for carrying. Up here, we have to pay $60 then get fingerprinted. They do a checkup on you and you can pick up the permit 30 days later. If you buy a gun with a permit already, you can take it that day, though if you don't have a permit you have to wait the 7 day grace period to make sure you check out OK. It's too bad the price went up, but it does last 5 years at a time and the renewal is only $40. Well worth it for the hassle that could be created without one.

NewBlueYamaha:
Hey, you live down there with a buddy of mine. He works at the Freightliner plant in Portland. I haven't looked at it yet, but I'll check out that site you posted. That is a bunch of garbage to impose a bill such as that. How the hell can they ask a question like that on your tax forms, then try to tax you on a per gun basis after that! Man, what the hell is going on in this country. We need to put a stop to this right away.

Mike

Old 09-10-2000, 06:13 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Cowboy, You know where I stand on these issues. I am not a hunter. I do own guns. I don't ride on Saturdays just so the hunters where I live can enjoy their sport just like I enjoy my sport of ATV riding. And I will continue to support the republican party as long as they support the rights of gun owners!!! I am tired of giving up my personal freedoms!!!

Old 09-10-2000, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

Mike...I thought it was bad here in California.To buy a hand gun here if you dont have a hunting licence or you havent been in the military or if your not in law enforcment.You have to take a take a 30 question test to get your BFSC.Basic firearms safety certificate.You MUST get 23 of the questions correct or you flunk.You get 3 chances in a 30 day time.I missed 2 questions.The test cost $25 then the extra $10 for the certificate.Then after you buy your firearm you have a 10 day waiting period so they can do the check on you.The check is anouther $16.So even before you get gun in hand you have $46 invested.Then if your denided it cost a$25 restocking fee.In this state you can only buy a gun every 30 days.What i bought was a S&W 40,ve sigma.You seem to know your weapons.Is this a good weapon.I plan on buying a 38 in the future so i can have snake load.Im scared of them critters in a bad way.....BOB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GUN CONTROL