Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

utility/fun

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2000, 10:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use my King Quad for pleasure rideing and just all around fun.Since my Father passed away in 91 i dont hunt any more.But the King Quad has gotten into some great fishing spots.Im not saying i catch fish every time but just the relaxation is good enough for me.I plan on doing the Rubicon Trail this summer.

Old 04-16-2000, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

I am the property manager for a girl scout camp. We have hunters that I allow in each season to thin the herd. I haul the deer out of the woods for them. I have used a Recon, Honda 300 4x4 and now a Rancher ES. This past season I hauled 27 deer. The number was down a bit from last year though. They took 34 deer last year. We have a long way to go to thin the herd to a managable level but they are working on it. We use atvs here for all the running around in camp. It really cut the cost of putzing around camp driving a F-250 4x4. My gasoline budget has gone way down since 97. We hual trailers, drag trees and patrol the perimeters of camp when we don't mind being heard. For stealth we go on foot. The camp is 160 acres of mostly wooded land with a creek running through the middle. We have marsh land, hills open fields to run around it. We have tractors for the tough stuff. Not that I don't think the atvs couldn't do it but I want them to last for a long time so we leave somethings to the machines that are made to do that work.

Old 04-16-2000, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

I live on a 75 acre farm with mostly field and a small forset off to the side. we use our atv for grading our driveway(we tie a 5ft piece of chain link fence to the back of it). But we mostly use it just for riding around in the fields.

Old 04-17-2000, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

what kind of wheeler do you ride? and what type of farm is it most of the one's around here are dairy or horse farm's. i work my grizzly alot but i prefer riding with guy's and hunting as long as our wive's aren't complaining about us loving our bike's more than them . i won't answer that!!!
from the north east kingdom

Old 04-17-2000, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

grizzzzzz i ride an 87' Honda 200 trx sx
(I think it's rare i don't hear much about Honda 200's i just hear alot about the 87' 250's alot)
My dad and I are getting a new quad in the Fall.
( we would use the new quad for trail and mud bogging the most, so we want a 4x4)

got any suggestions anyone on what we should get?

Old 04-18-2000, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer

I to,very often, use my atv as a tractor. I have a set of disc plows I use for tilling up hard ground before planting grass. I work for a camp that consists of 33 acres on a peninsula and during the summer ride my atv to and from work.(Few blocks) I also take care of 50 acres just up the road from my house. It is a prime hunting area. On one side of my property is state park (like 250 acres) on the side is 900 acres of Mason's property. The Mason's only use the property for hunting a coupe times a year for the kids they sponsor and the State park only does hunts after deer season. Then to top that off the other side of the property is lake where the deer come across to water. I to build fence, for my goats, pull Bar-b-q pits around, pull logs off of walking trails, spray fields, spread fertilizer(4000lbs. 3 times a year) and do many other things with my atv, besides just riding for fun. The Warn 2000 is a life and back saver. Built a custom grill guard and bumper so that I can move the winch from front to back when needed. The bumper looks like a two pipe bumper, but the top bar is actually removable so it can be driven in the ground and used as a place to pull if needed when stuck.

Later,
Chuck

Old 04-18-2000, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

i would stick with honda or even a yamaha i like mine. i only bought a yamaha because i like to keep my $ in our comunity . but a honda dealer has opened up about 9 miles away and i have my eye on a rubicon 500. i have owned honda's for the last 15 or 20 year's there bullet proof.
grizzzzzz

Old 04-18-2000, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

Chuck,
Do you have any pictures of that bumper that you built? Sounds like it would really come in handy.

Old 04-18-2000, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

I don't yet have a way to get a picture on here, but I am working on it.

Chuck