Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Hello from Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Northern California

Hello all, I'm a newbie to the world of ATVing. I went ahead and bought myself a 200cc Chinese ATV, I still don't know who makes it but it has a CG style 200cc and it was kinda running/popping backfiring.
I have been lurking around and learned quite a bit.
So far I have repaired the rear disk brake, rebuilt the carb and adjusted, Fixed the no spark, repaired the vinyl seat, Performed an alignment..and she runs very well now...
Its amazing that the parts to fix all the problems has cost me 25 bucks,
What a contrast when I work on a Honda Bike
Now to ride..I am looking forward to a nice scenic ride and hope to see some of you on the trails...Should be getting my red or green sticker..since its Off road and not street at the very worst a Red Sticker.
Be safe!

Old 10-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese quad

Hi there. I used to have a Red Cat 150 chinese quad. I replaced the carb, clutch, gearbox, variator, belt, and it ran ok. I finally got rid of it by donating it to Cars for Causes. They came with a flatbed and picked it up one morning.

Good bye.

So now I have only Can Am products. They are more expensive, but I never have problems. Of course, there will eventually be a problems.

If you can, try to get a Honda, Suzuki, Kawi, or Yamaha. Or a Can Am. Or Polaris. Except I had a Polaris and it was kind of, well, just wasn't of the same quality as the Can Am.

Anyway, whatever you do, the Chinese quads are really, really cheaply constructed. They break easily. They're just, well, kind of crappy, really. You'll enjoy a Japanese or Canadian product much more.

Well, that said, maybe not. If you get your Chinese machine finely tuned, it will be a lot of fun, too. I had a blast on the Red Cat, got a lot of use out it. I think I finally broke it because I was probably too heavy for it, and just weighed it down too much.

Any quad you have, and that you enjoy working on, is great. It's a very relaxing sport. Finding great riding places is a lot fun, too.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome

Old 10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forums.