Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring

Hi,

im a 67 yr old who lives in new Orleans, I have been riding Harleys since 1964 - my currect ride is a 79 FXE that's 100 ci and has STD panheads on a shovel bottom,,

im here because I got a mini chopper for my grandson and hope to get the bike running -- im having issues with the wiring . maybe some of you more skilled can give me a hand.. this motor is a 125cc it has only 3 wires coming out the case next to the sprocket if your looking at the cdi box it has a pink wire on the bottom right - on the bottom center is a purple -- and the top right is a pink/baby blue -- its a 5 pin connector--

the other wiring harness is a box with 4 wires top right is a yellow -- bottom right is a blue/red -- left bottom is a blue/white and top left is a white -- now it has a green wire that has a male connector on it also--

im totally lost - if I can get spark and the battery to charge in can figure the rest-- seems to me its missing a body harness from the 2 controls on the handle bars -- this bike has a single disc brake on the front and a cable brake shoes on the rear -- its a older mini chopper -

yes its a Chinese motor-- its electric start and automatic with reverse

im hoping one of you wizards can help

thanks Rob

Old 05-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forums. I gather you've already posted in the Chinese Quad part of the forums. If not, that's the place to go to find the folks who've wrenched on them.