Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

This forum taught me so much I had to join

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This forum taught me so much I had to join

Just wanted to say hello and thank you all for the help. My name is Brian, I live in Washington state. I have been off of work with a back injury for almost a year now. I know absolutely nothing about atvs other than I loved riding with my dad as a kid. About 2 years ago I got 2 kids quads in pieces and wiring completely hacked from my neighbors curb garbage pile. They have been sitting in my back yard for almost 2 years being forgotten about. 2 weeks ago I got so tired of waking up and not having a purpose or anything to look forward to so I decided I'm going to learn how to work on these quads with my kids. With a little help from YouTube and a lot of googling which kept bringing me back to this forum, I now have one completely put back together and running quad all i have left is paint to make it look pretty, and the other one starts right up but missing a couple parts to make it drive (when I find the right subject to ask in I'll be asking for more help I almost bought a whole new wire harness for both because of how intimidating and hacked they were. I then said to myself why spend the money on a wiring harness when I do 12v wiring for a living. So with help from some old posts and a user on here that I'm not sure is still around, I made my own wiring harnesses and they work like a champ. So thank you for giving your time and answering questions to rooks like me. Without this forum I wouldn't have the feeling of accomplishment like I do right now, or the excitement my kids have from seeing these things go from puzzle pieces to toys they can actually play with soon. Thank you again. This forum is amazing

Old 02-14-2018, 12:45 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!

Old 02-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello from Colorado: I too have learned a lot from the good folks on these Forums. It is a technical oriented site for all makes of ATVs, and there is always some problem to solve with them.

Amazing you built an ATV from a pile of junk. Good for you. I like working on my machine, but haven't done an engine or transmission overhaul. I have a lot to learn too.

Hope your back is healing up. You need a strong back for ATV riding.

David