Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New subscriber and (new to me) Odes 400 anyone willing to help ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New subscriber and (new to me) Odes 400 anyone willing to help ?

Introduction- Doug McAlear 28 yrs old middleboro Massachusetts and always looking for new fellow riders! Or new trails if you know anyone.

Hello there I have a new to me 2009 Odes 400 4x4 atv I have done some research and i know that it's a honda clone motor and mainly a honda rancher clone. Funny thing is that I actually have a rancher aswell but ofcourse the issues on the Odes arnt on the rancher at all.

Problem / request 1) 4x4 switch is not engaging 4x4 no noise. / is was flickering on the display for a few seconds.

> followed the wiring down and bingo there is the problem out of the 3 wires only the ²or³ prong tringle connector was plugged into the black box the other 2 where open and I cant seem to find anything for them. If someone has some pictures of their wiring that would be awsome or a wiring diagram.

Problem 2) is the rear end. either CV axles or the differential itself is knocking so once taken apart and determined what's my best route on parts can I get a name brand axle like you can parts for the clone motor from honda or am I stuck with Chinese brand and ordering options too please

pictures hopefully attached more to come

thank you for reading

Old 09-30-2019, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmac400
Introduction- Doug McAlear 28 yrs old middleboro Massachusetts and always looking for new fellow riders! Or new trails if you know anyone.

Problem / request 1) 4x4 switch is not engaging 4x4 no noise. / is was flickering on the display for a few seconds.

> followed the wiring down and bingo there is the problem out of the 3 wires only the ²or³ prong tringle connector was plugged into the black box the other 2 where open and I cant seem to find anything for them. If someone has some pictures of their wiring that would be awsome or a wiring diagram.

Problem 2) is the rear end. either CV axles or the differential itself is knocking so once taken apart and determined what's my best route on parts can I get a name brand axle like you can parts for the clone motor from honda or am I stuck with Chinese brand and ordering options too please
Welcome to the forums. There are many Chinese quads that claim to be clones of popular, mainstream, major manufacturers' ATV's. They are, in fact, cheaply made Chinese ripoffs of Japanese and American designs where the materials they use, their machining processes, and quality control are decades behind the major makers. You might find more answers in the Chinese Quad section of the forums.